State of the Airline an Festive Affair in Tempe

TheNewLowFare

Senior
Aug 31, 2005
State of the airline announcement today between noon and 2 p.m. PDT

Bring your cameras and get ready for a whale-of-a-good-time on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 when the Sea World team stops by the US Airways CHQ as part of the "Believe: The Shamu Celebration Tour." The festive affair is a black and white theme, with penguins, a white kangaroo, a black vulture, a white cockatoo and more! In addition to the meet-and-greet with the animals, Sea World will have give-away items and a Shamu coloring activity for kids.

Who: Sea World and Busch Gardens Animal Ambassador Julie Scardina and the Sea World team

What: Sea World visit at US Airways

Where: US Airways Corporate Headquarters, 111 W. Rio Salado Pkwy., Tempe, AZ 85281

When: 2-3 p.m., Tuesday, May 9, 2006 (Following the State of the Airline meeting in the Annex)

Why: We're spreading the word about "Believe," the most ambitious killer whale show in Sea World history!

State of the airline announcement today between noon and 2 p.m. PDT
Bring your cameras and get ready for a whale-of-a-good-time on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 when the Sea World team stops by the US Airways CHQ as part of the "Believe: The Shamu Celebration Tour." The festive affair is a black and white theme, with penguins, a white kangaroo, a black vulture, a white cockatoo and more! In addition to the meet-and-greet with the animals, Sea World will have give-away items and a Shamu coloring activity for kids.
Who: Sea World and Busch Gardens Animal Ambassador Julie Scardina and the Sea World team

What: Sea World visit at US Airways

Where: US Airways Corporate Headquarters, 111 W. Rio Salado Pkwy., Tempe, AZ 85281

When: 2-3 p.m., Tuesday, May 9, 2006 (Following the State of the Airline meeting in the Annex)

Why: We're spreading the word about "Believe," the most ambitious killer whale show in Sea World history!

There won't be clowns, will there? I'm scared of clowns!

p16.jpg

Yes, but don't forget, Southwest is the sponsor of the Phoenix Suns that play at US Airways Center. The CEOs of LCC and LUV should just get a hotel room and have a shag-fest.

Oh, that would be interesting. Last year, Colleen Barrett said "Doogie" was on "crack" for hooking up with US Airways? After today's announcement that old bag is probably choking on her Geritol.

Eye

"About the prospects of a merger between US Airways and America West Airlines, Barrett said America West Chief Executive Officer Doug Parker and US Airways Chief Executive Officer Bruce Lakefield "must be on drugs. I think they're crazy. I don't know why anybody in today's environment would want to add more woes to what they got. ... I don't know [if] the deal will come to pass."
-Colleen Barrett in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05132/502929.stm

:up: I went to the State of Affairs address at the Sand Castle this afternoon. Quite a showing. About 75-100 pilots all decked out in their work attire attended plus probably 100 or so more folks. DP with through the slides explaining how we made what amounted to a 5M dollar profit even with fuel expenses over ... I believe it was 200M over last years fuel cost. Quite a remarkable feat considering where U was last year this time with fuel much cheaper. After the slide show came the questions and the pilot group was one of the first to speak up. Basically it was asked of DP to show respect to not only the pilot's group but all workgroups (scored big points with the crowd) at the negotiating table. It seems there is some disagreement between the company and the pilots group on wages. Both sides agreed to continue negotiating. I was very impressed by the professionalism shown by the pilot's group. Another important topic was the profit sharing plan the company intends to implement for ALL employees. I felt this to be very important if we want all folks at the new U to feel like a team and DP is on board to giving all employees the opportunity to share when WE are profitable. Many other important topics came up, and you should listen to them for yourself. You can hear the recorded broadcast from the HUB or Compass. It'll be worth your time.

I was there for the penguin and the porcupine.

Ran into some folks I hadn't seen in over 4 years.

Good stuff.

Back