Stating the Obvious on Voting

i hear ya,he shot my weekend about 2-3 weeks ago...friday nite,read a ny times saturday morn article....but he wouldn't be willing if he didn't see gain for his fund.his gain is our gain too.[BR]thanks.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 12:52:42 AM MarkMyWords wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 12:22:52 AM DELLDUDE wrote:

[STRONG]this is it....no.....'i didn't understannd' this time.end of the road....do or die......bronner sees an excellent investment to make money not only for rsa,but all of us.he's willing to invest in you and me and he has faith in us.if he didn't he wouldn't be here.wake up ,its late in the game. [/STRONG]

Yes, RSA is here to make money......that is what investing is all about. He sees the potential for US to make a profit, if we are able to get our costs down and revenue up. That is what INVESTING is all about!

If RSA(Bronner)sees a profit then he will NOT quickly 'shut the doors' as some may feel....he is in this to make money for the investors....if RSA felt that this was a losing investment they would never have put up the money.....if this is a losing venture GE would not be putting up money...in both cases they see a future investment....however CWA votes is NOT going to influence this company' future...6K employees out of 30K+
will not be U' undoing....a yes vote means furloughs(re:unemployment,wage lose,work contracted out), a no vote means unemployment....let the CWA member choice his fate, they know the score....stop pinning YOUR future on their vote....you pin YOUR future on YOUR vote.....
11.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 8:29:43 AM gilbertguy wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 12:52:42 AM MarkMyWords wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 12:22:52 AM DELLDUDE wrote:

[STRONG]this is it....no.....'i didn't understannd' this time.end of the road....do or die......bronner sees an excellent investment to make money not only for rsa,but all of us.he's willing to invest in you and me and he has faith in us.if he didn't he wouldn't be here.wake up ,its late in the game. [/STRONG]

Yes, RSA is here to make money......that is what investing is all about. He sees the potential for US to make a profit, if we are able to get our costs down and revenue up. That is what INVESTING is all about!

If RSA(Bronner)sees a profit then he will NOT quickly 'shut the doors' as some may feel....he is in this to make money for the investors....if RSA felt that this was a losing investment they would never have put up the money.....if this is a losing venture GE would not be putting up money...in both cases they see a future investment....however CWA votes is NOT going to influence this company' future...6K employees out of 30K+
will not be U' undoing....a yes vote means furloughs(re:unemployment,wage lose,work contracted out), a no vote means unemployment....let the CWA member choice his fate, they know the score....stop pinning YOUR future on their vote....you pin YOUR future on YOUR vote..... [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/11.gif']
----------------
[/blockquote]
Those investments you refer to are made with conditions. Those conditions are that U comes to agreements with their unions and as of this date that hasn't happened. If you think for a moment that if the CWA or any other union votes down this agreement that Bronner will just say, "Well, nevermind...they're good people but under a lot of stress we'll give you the money anyway." you're sadly mistaken. He'll calmly and collectively take his money and return to Alabama. The next day he'll make a few calls and move onto his next investment. Meanwhile, those that have voted no will be scratching their head saying, "I guess he wasn't bluffing." Problem is it'll be too late.

I dont believe that there was much negotiating at all. If the company really concidered what would be less painful to the rank and file, I believe something could have been worked out that was mutually acceptable.
In the first round, they shot for 80% of the initial offering and that is what was voted on and accepted. You are now seeing the remaining 20% plus.
If the pensions are a problem, then go to those with a pension for a solution.
Also stated at the beginning of all this, was that those that make the most will give the most. With this latest round, it doesn't appear to be the case.
Lorenzo management is alive and well, and has infected U. It was dormant and like herpes, is festering. In this case it could be deadly. No amount of penicillin will rid us of Wolf.
I sincerely wished and expected that they would bargain in good faith. Very sad.

I would give him every dollar he says he needs, but I will never vote to give mainline aircraft to express. Would AFA let express crews work flight into 2 and 4 flight cities? Would ALPA designate 25 airbuses to be flown by express crews into the cities with only 2 or 4 mainline departures a day. I’m sure scheduling could come up with a plan and make it work. The only reason ALPA member on this board are trying to screw their UNION BROTHERS at CWA is to keep more of their fat pension.