Stating the Obvious on Voting

cavalier

Veteran
Aug 28, 2002
www.usaviation.com
[P]We are all allowed our opinions, whether we like an opinion or not matters not, and that’s why this board exists. So here is my opinion about the slamming of Chip.[BR][BR]Chip is being slammed for [STRONG]stating the obvious[/STRONG]. Some individuals need a wake up call to the death sentence that awaits them. Chip is showing courage for revealing his thoughts and feelings, which I believe to be very reasoned. [BR][BR]Go ahead and slam Chip, slam me too while you''re at it because I whole heartedly agree with Chip that voting no at this point in the game is a fool’s move. Yes I said a fool, because if you know the consequences, which we all do, that is what it takes, a fool, to effectively end your own career knowing full well it was not necessary. I said I would not tell people how to vote, and I won''t, but I will [STRONG]state the obvious [/STRONG]which is that a no vote is a fool’s vote! [/P]
[P]No voters, let’s hear 5 reasoned rebuttals of why I am the fool and the no voters are full of wisdom. [/P]
[P]Mr. Moderator, feel free to end this thread if you feel I am not being politically correct, and I apologize up front for my harshness.[BR][BR][/P]
[P][BR][/P]

Moderators:

I ask that the moderators not delete this thread.

Cav:

I like you you hate this situation, but each union recommended the agreements be ratified because they and their advisors believe the company will be liquidated if the deals are not approved.

This sucks big time for everyone of us, but as Dea said even if an employee would be furloughed over these agreements, it's still better to have the company survive.

Bronner is a tough man and he's the bank, who has set the rules.

In my professional opinion, I would not call his bluff.

Chip

Ohio State Buckeyes are National Champs and now it's time to turn our attention to one of Ohio's other great teams...the Cleveland Browns!

STEELERS 42 BROWNIES 17

THE STEELER NATION IS GOING TO RUN OVER THE BROWN FROWN.

Oh yeah, and Ohio State did a good job. Savor the favor chippie. Sunday will be different.

[STRONG]this is it....no.....'i didn't understannd' this time.end of the road....do or die......bronner sees an excellent investment to make money not only for rsa,but all of us.he's willing to invest in you and me and he has faith in us.if he didn't he wouldn't be here.wake up ,its late in the game. [/STRONG]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 12:22:52 AM DELLDUDE wrote:

[STRONG]this is it....no.....'i didn't understannd' this time.end of the road....do or die......bronner sees an excellent investment to make money not only for rsa,but all of us.he's willing to invest in you and me and he has faith in us.if he didn't he wouldn't be here.wake up ,its late in the game. [/STRONG]
----------------
[/blockquote]

Yes, RSA is here to make money......that is what investing is all about. He sees the potential for US to make a profit, if we are able to get our costs down and revenue up. That is what INVESTING is all about!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 12:04:14 AM cavalier wrote:

Yes I said a fool, because if you know the consequences, which we all do, that is what it takes, a fool, to effectively end your own career knowing full well it was not necessary. [/P]

----------------
[/blockquote]

a career??...a future?..18 years and then an invol buh bye?? ROTFLMAO.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/4/2003 7:02:11 AM Severed-N-Happy wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/4/2003 12:04:14 AM cavalier wrote: [BR][BR][BR]Yes I said a fool, because if you know the consequences, which we all do, that is what it takes, a fool, to effectively end your own career knowing full well it was not necessary. [BR][BR][BR][BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR]a career??...a future?..18 years and then an invol buh bye?? ROTFLMAO.
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]thought you were 'severed n happy'

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 7:43:54 AM Dea Certe wrote:

Severed-N-Happy,

Did you get your severance/furlough pay? Passes? Cobra?

If so, then you are ahead of the rest of us. Are you really happy to off this roller coaster? Would you want a chance to come back?

I'm planning on leaving but I'd rather do so on my terms, as I'm sure you would have.

I don't want management to pin their failures on labor, which they surely will do if Bronner pulls the plug. All of past management failures and screw-ups will be forgotten and US will have the same legacy as EAL. None of the sacrifices we've already made will be remembered.

It appears to me management is making some good progress, adding new routes and there's still hope we can pull out of this nose-dive.

I'd like to see my friends and coworkers still have shot for a few crumbs, even if it's only a few months more of pay and benefits. We can't change what's happened in the past, we have to look at the present and hope there's a future.

----------------
[/blockquote]
Well said.... This is a bad situation for all of us who have ties to this company either as a current employee or one on leave or retirement. We have to do all we can to survive and that is the issue at hand. We are not voting on keeping the status quo....that is not an option. I'm only concerned about those in my group (CWA) who may have voted already and want to change their vote. I think the CWA should allow changes like the other groups do up until the deadline.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 7:27:21 AM DELLDUDE wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 7:02:11 AM Severed-N-Happy wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 12:04:14 AM cavalier wrote:

Yes I said a fool, because if you know the consequences, which we all do, that is what it takes, a fool, to effectively end your own career knowing full well it was not necessary.

----------------
[/BLOCKQUOTE]

a career??...a future?..18 years and then an invol buh bye?? ROTFLMAO.

[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]

[/P]thought you were 'severed n happy'
----------------
[/blockquote]

since my intent apparently wasn't clear(I sure thought it was based on what exact sentence I quoted), I'll spell it out..
I was mocking the use of the word CAREER..get it? Very poor choice of words in this environment.And career preservation is hardly a selling point on voting one way or the other because there is no career possibiltiy with US, not anymore at least.And current careers are either on the line or have been lost. You can't call it a career in these circumstances any longer, all jobs are transient and easily replaceable.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 7:43:54 AM Dea Certe wrote:

Severed-N-Happy,

If so, then you are ahead of the rest of us. Are you really happy to off this roller coaster? Would you want a chance to come back?

I'm planning on leaving but I'd rather do so on my terms, as I'm sure you would have.

I don't want management to pin their failures on labor, which they surely will do if Bronner pulls the plug. All of past management failures and screw-ups will be forgotten and US will have the same legacy as EAL. None of the sacrifices we've already made will be remembered.

It appears to me management is making some good progress, adding new routes and there's still hope we can pull out of this nose-dive.

I'd like to see my friends and coworkers still have shot for a few crumbs, even if it's only a few months more of pay and benefits. We can't change what's happened in the past, we have to look at the present and hope there's a future.

----------------
[/blockquote]
see reply to delldude re:my original CAREER reply..also all current and future furlough benefits are subject to being yanked as we speak the minute BUSH pushes the war button on the red BAT PHONE.So everyone is at risk of ending up with nothing.

Yep, Frankie "L" was a so called "tough" man too... so where is EAL, now ? People get tired of having a gun to their heads after several rounds of pay cuts.

Delldude...my point being that people get tired of threats...lies...BS in general and thats all I ve heard from Mr. Bonner to date.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/4/2003 7:37:43 AM N786P wrote:
[P]Yep, Frankie "L" was a so called "tough" man too... so where is EAL, now ? People get tired of having a gun to their heads after several rounds of pay cuts.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P][STRONG] boy they showed them now,didn't they?[/STRONG]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/4/2003 8:18:12 AM Severed-N-Happy wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/4/2003 7:27:21 AM DELLDUDE wrote: [BR][BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/4/2003 7:02:11 AM Severed-N-Happy wrote: [BR][BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/4/2003 12:04:14 AM cavalier wrote: [BR][BR][BR]Yes I said a fool, because if you know the consequences, which we all do, that is what it takes, a fool, to effectively end your own career knowing full well it was not necessary. [BR][BR][BR][BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR]a career??...a future?..18 years and then an invol buh bye?? ROTFLMAO. [BR][BR][BR]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR]thought you were 'severed n happy'[BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR]since my intent apparently wasn't clear(I sure thought it was based on what exact sentence I quoted), I'll spell it out..[BR]I was mocking the use of the word CAREER..get it? Very poor choice of words in this environment.[BR]There is no career possibiltiy with US, not anymore at least.And current careers are either on the line or have been lost. You cant call it a career in these circumstances, all jobs are transient and easily replaceable.
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]i think if you look around,good careers are at a premium in many areas.our industry,the economy,etc are devastated in many areas.that is why i find it hard to beleive so many are willing to salvo what may not be that bad a job considering whats available to them on the outside.

Severed-N-Happy,