Stick a fork in me, I'm done

Jim, I hope you and yours have a very enjoyable and successful retirement. I am sure you will peak in from time to time. Will you be staying in the same area after retirement? Good luck to you Jim, I wish you the best and will say some prayers for you. I know you were thinking about this for some time now, but sometimes it's bittersweet when you finally really do make the move. May your retirement and any future endeavors be favorable.

I'm staying in Dallas at least for the time being. I love where I live, and I plan to do a good bit of traveling. As a D2R, if I sit all day long at the airport and still don't get on a plane, I can go home and sleep in my own bed and try it again the following day. Not living in a hub city eliminates that option. And, say I moved back to BHM. I would first have to get a seat on an rj, and hope that when I got to DFW there would still be seats on the flight to New York, or SEA, or wherever I'm trying to go;

I can’t believe how much happier I am since I retired from AA in 2013. I now use the 6 one way D1’s to commute to Dallas when Southwest flights are full. I wish you health, happinesses, and a long retirement.

Reactions: CRASTOR
I'm staying in Dallas at least for the time being. I love where I live, and I plan to do a good bit of traveling. As a D2R, if I sit all day long at the airport and still don't get on a plane, I can go home and sleep in my own bed and try it again the following day. Not living in a hub city eliminates that option. And, say I moved back to BHM. I would first have to get a seat on an rj, and hope that when I got to DFW there would still be seats on the flight to New York, or SEA, or wherever I'm trying to go;

Great to hear that you are staying in Dallas. Yes I love this area too. Travel your a$$ off buddy, that is our plans when I finally retire as well. We are thinking of hitting every single camp site on a lake in the USA. Good luck man, have fun, and live life to the fullest, and most of all, enjoy your family and retirement.

Reactions: SharoninSAT
Best of luck, Jim. I won't be too far behind you.

I just missed finally meeting you last month. You were working my DH DFW-JFK and we were delayed 2 hours in IAH and missed the flight.

MK

Sorry I missed you. I'll be coming to New York more frequently now that I have the time. My idea of a serious vacation is a week in Manhattan with a Broadway show every night. I stay at the House of the Redeemer--an Episcopal retreat house that was originally built as the town home for one of the Vanderbilt sisters in the late 1800's-early 1900's period. She left it to the Diocese of New York in her will. A friend of mine is on the Board of Directors. It's located on the upper East Side between Lexington and Central Park. Very reasonable for New York.

Retiring is not an easy decision but sometimes our health makes the decision for us. Better to get out while you can still travel. Happy Trails !!

Best wishes on your retirement Jim. Praying for your medical
issues to improve and hoping that you stay on the forums even
though you're on a long vacation:)! Enjoy!

Sharon

Jim enjoy your retirement and thanks for all your contributions on here.

Be sure to add this to your list of Broadway shows: http://comefromaway.com/

Josh
As a matter of fact, Come From Away is on my must-see list even though Broadway musicals have become ruinously expensive--even at the TKTS booth in Time Square. The next to the last time I was in New York--about 4 years ago--I wanted to see Book of Mormon. A single balcony ticket at the TKTS booth was over $200. For that kind of money I want to feel the need to smoke a cigarette and take a shower afterwards. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
First off Jim, Happy Retirement !!!!!!!!!

Somehow I feel that 'truth be told', although you'd BITTCH about the WX, my money's on you that you'd trade BHM AND DAL-ASS in a heartbeat to be residing in the Upper East Side of Manhattan and be in striking distance to JFK, and all the European destinations, whether on AA or the other Big European carriers. I DON'T see you being an Asia guy, or SA.