Stock Price And Stock Distribution To Employees

Sep 9, 2002
Usairways stock sunk 2.46% today to 2.34.

Is there a stock distribution coming up anytime soon for employees?

Think Usairways will post a profit for May? Seems United did!!

Reuters
United Airlines Posts Modest May Profit
Monday June 14, 5:30 pm ET

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/040614/airlines_united_1.html

DALLAS (Reuters) - United Airlines said on Monday it will report a modest profit for May in its monthly operating report and that its passenger unit revenue grew by 7 percent from the same month a year ago.
In a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (News - Websites) , bankrupt United Airlines, a part of UAL Corp (OTC BB:UALAQ.OB - News), said its unit costs fell 15 percent for the month from the figures posted in May 2003. It added that its bookings for June and July were "strong."

Based on how things have been looking, I don't think they have to do anything special to not show a profit. <_<

UAIR stock price won't go up significantly unless the CEO and management assures Wall Street that another chapter 11 isn't right around the corner, something I wouldn't expect anytime soon.

The word from some DC friends I have is US is more shaky than management is stating publicly (though they obviously declined to give me any more detail than that). I've been advised, for example, to use whatever miles I want to over the next six months. My guess is things will get interesting/dicey around September.