Strongest REPUBLICAN/CONSERVATIVE debating point,.."Yeah BUT " !!

CBS News:

But next November, if the economy is growing, big employers are expanding and workers are feeling more weight in their wallets, Democrats may be wishing they had found a way to get past Trump and support a tax-reform compromise.

All it will take is a bit of a drop in the stock market to nix all this. I am still trying to figure out why big employers would expand if the masses are only getting an extra hundred bucks a month....I truly doubt that corporations will pass their tax savings on to either the consumer or the employee....argument after argument is that the primary focus of corporations is the shareholder. I can't imagine Ford building a plant to sit idle while waiting for demand for new cars, trucks or SUV's to materialize. Even the most glowing estimates for the "middle class tax cut" is around $2,000 (family of 4....single guys with no dependents are kind of screwed). I am wondering if an extra $166 per month will be enough to get the average family of 4 to pull the trigger on a $55,000 Expedition.

But I did see that CVS is going to add 3,000 jobs. It's about damned time. If I have to go to a CVS to get a bottle of aspirin, it's about 15 minutes to check out...4 checkout lanes and only one is open...while the little old lady goes thru her "rewards" coupons to save a buck.

But I did see that CVS is going to add 3,000 jobs. It's about damned time. If I have to go to a CVS to get a bottle of aspirin, it's about 15 minutes to check out...4 checkout lanes and only one is open...while the little old lady goes thru her "rewards" coupons to save a buck.

Well, if CVS decides to follow Walgreen's employee assignments charts, no one will be assigned to work the check out stations. It will be much more important to have them behind the counter at the pharmacy running around, looking very busy, and studiously avoiding eye contact with any of the waiting customers. Not judgin'. Just sayin'.

Kc drop cvs if you can best thing I ever did they suck,I use a local mom and pop place they have 4 locations an army of staffing full of friendly people

All it will take is a bit of a drop in the stock market to nix all this. I am still trying to figure out why big employers would expand if the masses are only getting an extra hundred bucks a month....I truly doubt that corporations will pass their tax savings on to either the consumer or the employee....argument after argument is that the primary focus of corporations is the shareholder. I can't imagine Ford building a plant to sit idle while waiting for demand for new cars, trucks or SUV's to materialize. Even the most glowing estimates for the "middle class tax cut" is around $2,000 (family of 4....single guys with no dependents are kind of screwed). I am wondering if an extra $166 per month will be enough to get the average family of 4 to pull the trigger on a $55,000 Expedition.

I'm figuring robotics, high tech electronics......time for America to retrain.

Robots replace people. MOre money for shareholders - very few jobs for robot repairmen.

QP9WTy.gif