SWA Racist!!!

I hope some of the Southwest attorney's have elementary school age kids...this morning, my daughter was watching a show on PBS called "dragon tales". In todays episode, the characters had to find a ruby in a treasure chest except that there were several treasure chests to pick from. The solution? "Eenie Meenie Miney Moe". Does this make PBS racist?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/5/2003 8:42:40 AM KCFlyer wrote:

I hope some of the Southwest attorney's have elementary school age kids...this morning, my daughter was watching a show on PBS called "dragon tales". It todays episode, the characters had to find a ruby in a treasure chest except that there were several treasure chests to pick from. The solution? "Eenie Meenie Miney Moe". Does this make PBS racist?
----------------
[/blockquote]
Too bad you weren't watching "Little Bill".

----------------
On 4/15/2003 8:36:55 AM KCFlyer wrote:

Here''s an update from the racism front - the case was supposed to go to court today.  But according to the Kansas City Star, it has been postponed until September 29.  Apparently, there was a similar case filed against SWA in the 1990''s.  I would imagine that the attorney''s for the plaintiffs will be investigating that case to determine if the time has come to start asking for a retainer to pursue this case. 

----------------​

Did the 1990s case come to a verdict or settle? If settled, the settlement agreement is almost always sealed and caries no precedent.

As to the current case, I don''t think that a retainer will be needed. One word - contingency.

----------------
On 4/15/2003 8:57:22 AM ITRADE wrote:

Did the 1990s case come to a verdict or settle? If settled, the settlement agreement is almost always sealed and caries no precedent.

As to the current case, I don''t think that a retainer will be needed. One word - contingency.

----------------​
My point is - how long is a guy willing to work for nothing on a contingency basis? I am sure he''s hoping for SWA to offer SOMETHING to drop the case, but so far, it doesn''t look like that''s their strategy. My hope is that SWA refuses any monetary settlement, but instead promises to send the FA to "sensitivity training" (which is a surefire way to turn one who wasn''t a racist into one). After all, the goal is to "right the wrong"...isn''t it?

Here''s an update from the racism front - the case was supposed to go to court today. But according to the Kansas City Star, it has been postponed until September 29. Apparently, there was a similar case filed against SWA in the 1990''s. I would imagine that the attorney''s for the plaintiffs will be investigating that case to determine if the time has come to start asking for a retainer to pursue this case.

Many attorneys will go an extremely long distance to obtain financial settlement - sometimes beyond the extent to where the client''s interests begin to conflict.

One legal axiom is that "only idiots go to trial." The trial process is very time consuming, very resource intensive, and very expensive.

So, the plaintiff will seek to obtain a settlement prior to trial; the airline will seek to have the case dismissed through summary judgment or will attempt to inflict as much damage as possible upon the plaintiff''s counsel by dumping thousands of boxes of garbage onto counsel during discovery.

Latest posts