Tail Rotors

it was about availability..... :D

Actually, I never read the story, but I believe it was about the tail rotors of the cormorants cracking again. I think the fleet got grounded for it, (unless it was an emergency flight of course). Which makes me wonder if the initial emergency would become a secondary emergency once the tail rotor spins off in a totally different direction than intended. Maybe they could dust off a few of the old relics in the hangers and put them on standby just in case.

The story was from the widow of a griffon crew member warning that the problem had not been resolved.

Unfortunately it was a headline only requiring a fee to read the entire story.

:elvis:

TKS Over-Talk after the first link T/Xed I was unable to find a replacement.

:elvis:

that was a good read... thanks for the link, o/t and for the initial try, elvis...

as soon as the headline opened, i thought a lab?? why a t/r on a lab but then of course read on... :blink:

i guess the one statement i take exception to is the one where someone says they may be "forced" to use x-rays and other high-tech equip to find the dents...

i hope if that individual is ever flying a 412 and feels no abnormal vibrations in the pedals, he remembers the tech who was "forced" to examine the blade!!! :down:

Back