Tax perceptions

OK you lot! If ya want to get the straight skinny on all the tax crap that the Crazed Cannibals and Rabid Annimals (CCRA) use to steal ya money, check out www.taxpayer.com . It''s a canadian site. Will give you the breakdown on fed taxs, taxes by prov, fed transfer payments, how much money the feds actually used to fix the roads, Native hand -outs, by prov and territory (Not trying to sound nor imply racism, so don''t start with the browbeating - I have an expert right here at home for that!)

And anywhere else your money is going, that you don''t want it to go! Most interesting part, for me anyway, was the politian compensation! Ya really think these boys and girls can get by with so little???

All information therein is FACT!

No assumpstions there me buckos!

If you guys would like to compare the Income taxes, by country go to www.taxpayers.com, click on tax facts, and arrow down the page.

When it comes to income tax paid as a percentage of GDP: Canada ranks at # 5 with 18.7 (1999) and the USA ranks 11th at 14.2 (1999)

The only countries higher than Canada are : Denmark, Sweden, New Zealand and Finland, in that order.

I think anything over 10& is theft. Aside from not paying any, if you lot were to pick a percentage, what would be considered as fair??

Comparing tax loads by GDP can be a little misleading also. If you make low wages, but the country produces lot's the tax load looks smaller (why do you think Mexico is at the bottom of the list). Why didn't they include India, or Taiwan, or African countries, they would have made Canada look even worse. Yes we have a large taxload here, I never denied that. I merely wanted to show the basic rates of income tax between several countries. Asking what percentage I would pay, I will assume is rhetorical. I like everyone else in this country want everything for nothing.

Cap, in most cities in the States, I wouldn't be able to afford a house, so the mortgage deduction wouldn't apply. It would be nice to have here though.

I will be the first to agree that all of our governments have mis-managed our money. There is no argument there, unfortunately there is no-one who is willing to step in and make some real changes. many have spoken about making changes, but when it came time to step up, all they did was cozy up to the trough. Mulroney was elected, in part, to stem the overspending (and because of the NEP, sorry about swearing
9.gif
) that the Trudeau government was doing. Only they went out and spent even more, digging us into a bigger hole. They came in talking big about bringing in smaller government, more military spending (then making some of the biggest cuts in the military's history), lowering the deficit/debt. Lot's of talk is all it was. Same as the ones in the House now. Lot's of talk, at least they've been lucky and had decent oil prices to help balance the budget, and give us a couple of small income tax decreases.

Now what plans do they have for when (not if) world oil prices drop ?? Only one I know of is King Ralph. He'll probably step down as premier, and give the problem to the next guy. He's been coasting these last couple of years on high oil prices, and hasn't done much for the province. Only future Alberta has is if oil prices stay high. If they don't, we have nothing to fall back on.

I love living in Canada and while I don''t like paying taxes (or supporting the freakin'' Liberals) it''s always been my dream to pay $1,000,000/yr in taxes.

Just think of the income..................

----------------
On 3/16/2003 7:57:32 PM Bullet Remington wrote:

If you guys would like to compare the Income taxes, by country go to www.taxpayers.com, click on tax facts, and arrow down the page.

Could you give us the direct link. Couldn''t find it

Randy_G ----Canadian ''yardstick'' again. The vast majority of Americans have served or can serve 3 years in the NG, Reserves or Regular Forces and the whole world opens up to them. If you did 3 years yourself, then you can get monies from the GI Bill for up to $240,000 to purchase a house (thta''s no money down either). Ditto for University, Tech Schools, etc. The loans are done through a bank AND guaranteed by the government. Do 3 years with any of the above Canadian Reserve or Regular Forces and see what you get. If you would like to see all of the benefits, go to:

usmilitary.about.com/

To those that can''t or don''t wish to join the military, there are a host of other ways also. Are there still people that can''t buy a house...you bet there are.....same as Canada.

Also remember that you are comparing Federal Income tax rates....again unfair to both sides. Reason?.....check the sales tax, ''hidden taxes'' etc. that you pay in Canada with ''after-tax'' icome and then do the same Stateside. As I said, in such a case we would appear to loose out on that comaprison, but you cannot ''compare'' and that''s my point. Canadians love to play this ''game'' and I''m sorry, but it doesn''t work. It''s mandatory that you pick a country that has a similar government and tax system....perhaps Australia would be one....I don''t know.

With regards to horror stories regarding Medicaid and company health insurance....yes there are many. I could well say the same wih regards the Canadian Healthcare System. We are inundated with stories on a daily basis. We all know of or have heard of provincial governments sending patients south for MRI''s, etc. Is the majority of our Healthcare system like that....no, of course it''s not. Again, we are comparing. We have patients come to Winnipeg from Regina for the same reason. Does that mean healthcare in SK is worst than here....not necessarily. Again, no matter which side ''appears'' to win, it''s a false reading. I love it when the American side of my relatives talk about our ''free heathcare system''. Free?....''baby'' there ain''t anything ''free'' in either country and THAT''S one area that is the same.

Mighty right on that on cap, there is nothing ''free'' in this life, in any country. Someone still pays for it.

Latest posts

Back