Teamsters star fading fast

proAMT

Advanced
Dec 3, 2005
SEA
The shine seems to have worn off the Teamsters as the truth catches up to Teamster hysteria.
I got to hand it to them they can throw a good party...
Cakes, lanyards, shirts, mail outs, door to door campaigning-they sure know how to spend membership money organizing. Soon it could be our membership money paying for them to organize teachers, truck drivers, sanitation engineers, carpenters, the list goes on and on.

Promises of reopening the contract-yeah right.

Majority of cards at stations-big deal everyone I know signed any card given them AMFA, TEAMSTERS, heck at this point I'd sign a card from the Amalgamated Tabacco and Confectionary Workers in order to show my displeasure with the TWU and their self-serving negotiating and representational abilities.

The fact is most folks have,by now, figured out that the Teamsters will tell you anything you want to hear and thats kind of scary.

Reactions: 5 people
Where is the teamster's filing with the NMB? Wow, they wouldn't have lied to people. Would they? Glad they had cake to celebrate their non-filing.

Sign a teamster card and show how you like to be lied to.

Sign an AMFA card and show you like democracy and accountability.

Go AMFA!

Reactions: 5 people
The shine seems to have worn off the Teamsters as the truth catches up to Teamster hysteria.
I got to hand it to them they can throw a good party...
Cakes, lanyards, shirts, mail outs, door to door campaigning-they sure know how to spend membership money organizing. Soon it could be our membership money paying for them to organize teachers, truck drivers, sanitation engineers, carpenters, the list goes on and on.

Majority of cards at stations-big deal everyone I know signed any card given them AMFA, TEAMSTERS, heck at this point I'd sign a card from the Amalgamated Tabacco and Confectionary Workers in order to show my displeasure with the TWU and their self-serving negotiating and representational abilities.

The fact is most folks have,by now, figured out that the Teamsters will tell you anything you want to hear and thats kind of scary.

The Teamsters maybe got 50% of the people didn't slam the door in their face. They said they had 50% of AFW, but it more like 50% of the OSM's. Samething in MIA, the only guy I see pushing Teamsters are the same guys pushing the Team Videtich ticket. NObody interested in either.

ProAMT...Could you post one of these in SEA... http://www.591vote.c...idates Card.pdf

Ken...how about one in SAN?

Hey can we have a TEAMSTERS non-filing party in Seattle?

I'm a fat bastard and I like free cake.

Reactions: 1 person
The Teamsters maybe got 50% of the people didn't slam the door in their face. They said they had 50% of AFW, but it more like 50% of the OSM's. Samething in MIA, the only guy I see pushing Teamsters are the same guys pushing the Team Videtich ticket. NObody interested in either.

ProAMT...Could you post one of these in SEA... http://www.591vote.c...idates Card.pdf

Ken...how about one in SAN?
You got it.

"Yeah, right" is right.

I have to ask; why would any organizer (regardless of affiliation) say something they not only know is likely impossible, but that will undercut any credibility they might be trying to build? if you want to show value in your organization, this ain't the way to do it.

They were out on 36th st. north yesterday, but I didn't get a good look at any of them to see if I knew them. It is like bumper cars leaving the parking lot now since everyone gets off at the same time, so I couldn't take my eyes off the road. I didn't hear any horns beeping though. I think the teamsters might be in trouble. Lots of folks concerned about the 4.8% stake in the company that the TWU has not said how they plan to distribute it. It is supposed to be in the contract but the letter of agreement has been left out. Go figure. It is thought the TWU will claim expenses brought on by the BK (already re-embursed by AA) and claim a hefty portion for the international. Heck they let the company double dip on us so they might try it themselves. Why is it such a secret as to how they are going to distribute the cash? You think it is because they plan on giving some work groups a bigger share than others? I am willing to bet the AMT work group won't be one of them.

They were out on 36th st. north yesterday, but I didn't get a good look at any of them to see if I knew them. It is like bumper cars leaving the parking lot now since everyone gets off at the same time, so I couldn't take my eyes off the road. I didn't hear any horns beeping though. I think the teamsters might be in trouble. Lots of folks concerned about the 4.8% stake in the company that the TWU has not said how they plan to distribute it. It is supposed to be in the contract but the letter of agreement has been left out. Go figure. It is thought the TWU will claim expenses brought on by the BK (already re-embursed by AA) and claim a hefty portion for the international. Heck they let the company double dip on us so they might try it themselves. Why is it such a secret as to how they are going to distribute the cash? You think it is because they plan on giving some work groups a bigger share than others? I am willing to bet the AMT work group won't be one of them.
I posted this in another topic but will do so here is well. From the mouth of the 513 president, they may get 1.7 percent of the 4.8 and are justified in doing so. Said it had something to do with reimbursing some other transport locals (non airline).

Shop stewards are on UB all week to take individual consensus on whether we want the teamsters or the TWU. They are interviewing one on one by employee # and putting your comments beside your name. Afterwards they ask you to sign a I support TWU bull#### card. So break it down. Our union dues are paying these *-#$%& from each shop/hangar a weeks wages apiece to take a teamster count. What The F? This has got to be the most fraudulent, self serving "union" I've ever seen. Who the hell voted for hockey, arena football and car racing tickets? These same shop stewards are crying to management about employees getting injured on the job and not able to come back to work. Scab ba$tard stewards. One in particular is managements little pet. Spills his guts everyday to management. What do they think they are getting from this? Hate two faced liars. I despise the TULE TWU. You'll never see an eboard member on the floor until the elections come around. Rumors has it most stewards and eboarders can be found under the desks of their heroes. Regardless of how we vote on these damn elections ..the same losers get into office. Piss off and venting... I'm done for now

Reactions: 2 people
Bug Mac,

Read the new contract. The TWU membership is paying for representation and this is what they are getting.

Teamsters had a dozen or so organizers out at the curb in two different areas. They plan on knocking on doors again this weekend. If you are tired of them put up a no solicitation sign on your door.

Amfa organizers are having a cookout today, I wonder if they will have the same turnout as last time.

Should be interesting this weekend, with both raiding unions fighting for the same cards.

In Solidarity,

CIO

Bug Mac,

Read the new contract. The TWU membership is paying for representation and this is what they are getting.

Teamsters had a dozen or so organizers out at the curb in two different areas. They plan on knocking on doors again this weekend. If you are tired of them put up a no solicitation sign on your door.

Amfa organizers are having a cookout today, I wonder if they will have the same turnout as last time.

Should be interesting this weekend, with both raiding unions fighting for the same cards.

In Solidarity,

CIO
Sign the IBT Card, Sign the AMFA card, sign the IAM card, if you are so damn confident the TWU is superior, sign all of the cards get a vote and the winner gets it all. Lets see a debate and vote between them all. I have confidence the members choice.....Do YOU?

To use deceased, fuelers, resigned , and RIF's to prevent a member vote like the TWU in 2003 demonstrates fear of a membership ballot and vote and leaves the Union weak and without support. No Union should ever deny or fear the will of the membership.

But the TWU does often. This fear is only because TWU is failing. Any Union that really believes the way you talk and post here, would surely welcome a membership ballot and vote.

Sign the cards hold a vote!

By the way, No Trespassing and No Solicitation signs will not stop the IBT. I know many that have those, and the assholes were sitting on their porch waiting for them anyway. Like Kirby Vaccum Salesmen, they just will not go away or obey the wishes of the property owner.

Reactions: 6 people