Thank you dear Veterans

Jan 7, 2004
Red Planet
Visit site
To the women and men that gave it all for us to be here today. Thank you, thank you to their children, parents, and spouses.

We are here Free because of the ultimate sacrifice and bravery demonstrated by our beloved American heroes. Our debt to you can never be repaid.

Please know that we are eternally grateful, and hope for those abroad to return home safely.

Veterans day is sacred day.

I will add my voice to that touching tribute, as well. The United States, with all its faults, is still the best place in the world to live and it is mainly due to the sacrifices of our Armed Forces both in the past and the present.

I still get chills up my spine to this very day remembering back as a kid in the 60's the "dreaded" Green Army sedan (I think it was a Plymouth) that always traveled with two uniformed men.

If they turned on your street...it was BAD news.

They turned on my street once, and every kid on the block stopped dead in our tracks...terrified. We watched as they parked and got out, they walked directly to my house (having a brother and a brother in-law in the Army) I felt a sickness in my stomach that I had never known.

They came to tell my pregnant sister that my brother in-law was missing in action. I have never heard a piercing scream like that in my life. We later found out (three weeks later) that they had made a mistake (correct name, wrong man). As she had just received a letter dated after the date they said he was missing. They brought my brother in-law home for 30 days to be with my sister. Incredible ride that was. Remember it like it was last week, and I was 9.

I had a few classmates that lost Fathers, brothers...a bone chilling experience for a kid. To this day, I can not watch a Vietnam movie.

Thank you for your service to our nation ....

and on a day like today , i'd like to take a moment and remember those men and women who have died in service of our nation , who's names we will never know (be they special opps or soliders on unanamed missions ) , who's scraficies are not logged in any book or journal but who's courage have helped to keep our people safe .

thank you .