That SOB of POTUS is going to screw us to the last day

Garfield1966

Veteran
Apr 7, 2003
Texas
$3 trillion dollar budget

WASHINGTON — President Bush wants to cut funding for teaching hospitals and freeze medical research in a $3 trillion budget for 2009 that is still likely to generate a record deficit once war costs are tallied up.

The Bush budget to be submitted Monday would cut the budget for the Health and Human Services Department by $2 billion, or 3 percent. By contrast, the Pentagon would get a $35 billion increase to $515 billion for core programs, with war costs additional.

With tax revenues falling as the economy slows — and with the deficit-financed economic stimulus bill adding more than $150 billion in red ink to federal ledgers over 2008-2009 — the White House acknowledges that the budget deficit for this year and next is projected to reach $400 billion or more.

The largest-ever budget deficit, $413 billion, was recorded in 2004. Bush's budget will forecast a deficit for 2009 that's below that, an administration official said. But that assumes costs of $70 billion for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, well below the almost $200 billion request for this year.

Even if a Democrat is elected president and begins troop withdrawals, tens of billions of dollars more will be needed, which would bring the deficit well above the $413 billion record.

The SOB is cutting money for health and lying about the amount needed to fund his cluster F%^k in Iraq. What a piece of work.

I dearly hope the Dems grow a back bone this year and tell him to stick his budget up his ass as soon as he figures out a way to remove his head from said orifices.

$3 trillion dollar budget

WASHINGTON — President Bush wants to cut funding for teaching hospitals and freeze medical research in a $3 trillion budget for 2009 that is still likely to generate a record deficit once war costs are tallied up.

The Bush budget to be submitted Monday would cut the budget for the Health and Human Services Department by $2 billion, or 3 percent. By contrast, the Pentagon would get a $35 billion increase to $515 billion for core programs, with war costs additional.

With tax revenues falling as the economy slows — and with the deficit-financed economic stimulus bill adding more than $150 billion in red ink to federal ledgers over 2008-2009 — the White House acknowledges that the budget deficit for this year and next is projected to reach $400 billion or more.

The largest-ever budget deficit, $413 billion, was recorded in 2004. Bush's budget will forecast a deficit for 2009 that's below that, an administration official said. But that assumes costs of $70 billion for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, well below the almost $200 billion request for this year.

Even if a Democrat is elected president and begins troop withdrawals, tens of billions of dollars more will be needed, which would bring the deficit well above the $413 billion record.

The SOB is cutting money for health and lying about the amount needed to fund his cluster F%^k in Iraq. What a piece of work.

I dearly hope the Dems grow a back bone this year and tell him to stick his budget up his ass as soon as he figures out a way to remove his head from said orifices.

Valid points, but my healthcare quality has gone down since someone decided that HMOs are a good thing. Now, unless 10 doctors(I'm exaggerating, btw) agree you need something to save your life, your pretty much dead. And insurance companies are no better. Excellus BC/BS is trying to cut out MRIs, for example. Something that might save one's life.

Medicare will always be there for the less fortunate...in NYS even for households with children making $50000, or so.

The teaching hospitals have been getting cut for years. I have a major one in my area. Something to consider is why should my taxes cover the costs of medical teaching universities that charge their students an arm and a leg to begin with? I hope anyone who considers becoming a doctor doesn't rely on financial aid! :lol:

We keep talking about how much the war is costing. They use outrageous unconceivable numbers to confuse the general population. Governments as a whole are not in the business to lose money. They only want to spend and waste taxpayer money. Their profits from their endevours are kept secret.

Let me go totally off base here so that I can talk about what I know. Trash and garbage cost municipalities, whereas recycables are a profit to municipalities. They charge taxpayers for garbage removal but fail to refund the taxpayer for the recycables. People would once go and collect newspapers from recycling bins because they got $100 a ton...which one could get in less than a city block. Then the municipalities and the recycling firm agreed not to accept recycables from individuals.

And you thought recycling was saving the planet!

Valid points, but my healthcare quality has gone down since someone decided that HMOs are a good thing. Now, unless 10 doctors(I'm exaggerating, btw) agree you need something to save your life, your pretty much dead. And insurance companies are no better. Excellus BC/BS is trying to cut out MRIs, for example. Something that might save one's life.

Just wait until Uncle Sam becomes a full time doctor.

The teaching hospitals have been getting cut for years. I have a major one in my area. Something to consider is why should my taxes cover the costs of medical teaching universities that charge their students an arm and a leg to begin with? I hope anyone who considers becoming a doctor doesn't rely on financial aid! laugh.gif

Actually,malpractice attorney's have better lifestyles.

We keep talking about how much the war is costing. They use outrageous unconceivable numbers to confuse the general population. Governments as a whole are not in the business to lose money. They only want to spend and waste taxpayer money. Their profits from their endevours are kept secret.

The war,like it or not provides jobs.Lots of hi-tech jobs.One can debate which is better for the economy,body bags or corporate hi-tech earnings.

Let me go totally off base here so that I can talk about what I know. Trash and garbage cost municipalities, whereas recycables are a profit to municipalities. They charge taxpayers for garbage removal but fail to refund the taxpayer for the recycables. People would once go and collect newspapers from recycling bins because they got $100 a ton...which one could get in less than a city block. Then the municipalities and the recycling firm agreed not to accept recycables from individuals.

And you thought recycling was saving the planet!

I work in the printing industry and we recycle huge amounts of clean,white paper daily.Tractor trailer loads....a 53 footer loaded with baled/bundled waste nets about $12,000 a trailer load.So go figure how your local municipality is doing.

Garfield,

THIS is a perfect Example of WHO is the MOST capable,(I Didn,t say WHO you WANTED), on DAY # 1 in the WH, to get things done/REVERSED....FAST ??

1. McCain
2. "BO"
3. HC

The answer is as EASY as ...breathing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

financial aid! :lol:

Any you know this because of your fancy political job? Funny who you know this stuff and no one else talks about it. You would think someone would have mentioned it. Given the fact that government cannot keep a secret to save it's life and the opposition wold jump on this info I am going to have to call BS yet again on your posts. I am sure you will understand me not just going on your word. I am fully aware that government is corrupt but you are implying that they are smart as well and that just does not compute.

The war,like it or not provides jobs.Lots of hi-tech jobs.One can debate which is better for the economy,body bags or corporate hi-tech earnings.

I wonder how many jobs would be generated if that $1 trillion wold be put in to the US economy for energy research, infrastructure updating, transportation security, education and a few other things?

Any you know this because of your fancy political job? Funny who you know this stuff and no one else talks about it. You would think someone would have mentioned it. Given the fact that government cannot keep a secret to save it's life and the opposition wold jump on this info I am going to have to call BS yet again on your posts. I am sure you will understand me not just going on your word. I am fully aware that government is corrupt but you are implying that they are smart as well and that just does not compute.

Fancy political job??? Have you ever studied history or political science or something?

The reason there are different parties with different views is basically a way to divide and conquer. One bitches about one thing and the other bitches about the opposite. With all the money that we seem to be spending, the entire system would be bankrupt by now. Govs make a big deal on spending because it JUSTIFIES raising your taxes. Remember Bush One? "Read my lips...no NEW taxes!" See there lies the dilemma of politics. Taxes are raised either by raising the current ones or creating NEW ones. He didn't lie...he raised our taxes BUT DID NOT CREATE new ones!

This is just reading between the lines, because ALL taxes inevitably go up.

I think I could write a book or pretend I'm the lawyer of the obvious. People have to stop listening to 'weasel words' or words that make you think of something else. Someday I'll explain that using the Boston Massacre as an example!!! :huh:

You could think everything is BS because you only dissect one concept...which is fine, believe it or not. Let's even forget government and think corporation. To a corporation a loss is a profit.

By the way, the government...all GOVERNMENTS...keep great secrets. They just surround the truth by a bunch of lies. Either way we can agree to disagree, but my BS may in time prove to be true, because I pledge loyalty to no one.

Fancy political job??? Have you ever studied history or political science or something?

The reason there are different parties with different views is basically a way to divide and conquer. One bitches about one thing and the other bitches about the opposite. With all the money that we seem to be spending, the entire system would be bankrupt by now. Govs make a big deal on spending because it JUSTIFIES raising your taxes. Remember Bush One? "Read my lips...no NEW taxes!" See there lies the dilemma of politics. Taxes are raised either by raising the current ones or creating NEW ones. He didn't lie...he raised our taxes BUT DID NOT CREATE new ones!

This is just reading between the lines, because ALL taxes inevitably go up.

I think I could write a book or pretend I'm the lawyer of the obvious. People have to stop listening to 'weasel words' or words that make you think of something else. Someday I'll explain that using the Boston Massacre as an example!!! :huh:

You could think everything is BS because you only dissect one concept...which is fine, believe it or not. Let's even forget government and think corporation. To a corporation a loss is a profit.

By the way, the government...all GOVERNMENTS...keep great secrets. They just surround the truth by a bunch of lies. Either way we can agree to disagree, but my BS may in time prove to be true, because I pledge loyalty to no one.

Are you running for office? I asked if you have proof that Our government is making a profit and hiding it an all I get is the stuff above? Since there is nothing up there to answer the question I'll take your answer as a "no".