The changing rules of union certification

did I say it would?

I said.. I prefer an idea of gradual increases

I give up dignity - you say something, say you didn't, then say it again. All apparently just to disagree with what anyone else says.

I'll leave you to your fight...

Jim

I give up dignity - you say something, say you didn't, then say it again.
you simply interpret how you see it and thats,

OK.

All apparently just to disagree with what anyone else says.
not really, I just think its rude not to respond to a quote once I have been quoted!

furthermore!

just because an opinion is different than someone elses does not mean it is a disagreement!

I'll leave you to your fight...

Jim
its a forum!

:)

BTW no one is buying that spin from the AFA.
F/A's cost at Delta are lower for many reason's other
than Pay, which btw are higher than NW.
You are more flexible which can also equal less cost!

The flexibility and the pay are superior to what we have at NW!

hands down you have the best reserve system in the industry!

for once I would like to hear some of the positives to work there instead of the constant negativity
often done by those who have never even been employed there at all! I have heard nothing from AFA that has been positive this entire year. Either their organizers are constantly saying we are going to be outsourced and
its NW all over again, they simply paint a depressing picture, seniority lawsuits, pulling elections and I just cannot stay in that thinking mode anymore. I just cannot spend the rest of our careers being so miserable all the time!

I understand a lot of what the AFA does is politics, just in order to establish a sense their services are needed.
because realistically they need dues to operate, and I understand how some simply want a contract. but are willing
to let the entire working environment suffer, only for the sake of having anything, even if it is the worst contract in the country just as long as you have it. My issues are the real sense of division they always create and being one who
gets stuck in the middle. I do not believe the infighting will stop because of the membership doubling in size.

I am sorry but I just cannot buy it anymore.

I have to at least give them a chance to see, if it is actually possible a positive working environment actually exists somewhere.

(I know we can always get a union any time in the future if needed)

DL has Flight Attendants who have came over from other airlines and I have talked with some of them
and they have straight out said DL is the best place to work and the best option for those considering
a Flight Attendant position.

Most do not even bring up representation at all.. only how positive and refreshing it is to work there.

You are more flexible which can also equal less cost!

The flexibility and the pay are superior to what we have at NW!

hands down you have the best reserve system in the industry!

Yes we do, No AFA dues.

for once I would like to hear some of the positives to work there instead of the constant negativity
often done by those who have never even been employed there at all! .

It doesn't fit jALPA'S agenda to post anything positive about Delta.

Yes we do, No AFA dues.
I just have to go on my first very good impression and the Flight Attendants who
have expressed how happy they are and for the fact it is different at Delta in a very
good way. Right now I am going to choose to believe it is a supportive working environment
and give them a chance.

I know people can and do change for the better once they are in a positive environment.

I am going to comment on these Union negatives they always focus here.

the image and the reputation of a company ranks up there at the top of the list .

if the Union continues to try to paint a company in a negative light it is only a matter
of time when others outside the company start to believe that (even if it is not true) and it can affect business decisions and deals
that in turn affect us.

once you lose a good name its very hard to get back.

just something some need to think about.

The over 5,000 DL f/a's who voted in favor of representation in 2008 must be out of their mind! Right?

The over 5,000 DL f/a's who voted in favor of representation in 2008 must be out of their mind! Right?
that is 39 percent of the group at that time?

if you won an election with 39 percent I can guarantee you there would be no leverage at all.

the bottom jalbalpa the numbers were not there.

they may or may not have the numbers next time?

I do not think any one is "out of their mind" if they have a personal belief just as the I do not think
people are apathetic for simply following the rules as they were outlined either!

this will be a little blunt..

if the AFA wins the election I fully expect AFA and company to be "best buddies" for about a week or up
until the point they start to negotiate a contract and of course when the officer elections commences.

if the AFA does not secure an Industry Leading contract as promised it will be finger pointing back to executive
compensation, probably an inflatable rat in a parking lot, picketing how unfair everyone is and its someone elses fault why they did not produce.

the officer elections will be a total nightmare, that is a given with half the folks you have lined up to try and
run the show securing power positions.

it is though most of you people forget we actually know you and your style.

I mean come on already, all you have to do is pay attention!

it is though most of you people forget we actually know you and your style.

My style is getting higher compensation and respect! If it means getting in a few scuffles with management...then so be it, i'm not bending over and taking one that easily!

Tired of the fighting you say? I'd rather fight for what I believe in, then just give it all up and take what someone wants to give me.

that is 39 percent of the group at that time?

40% of the total that Delta claimed were on the list.

Total number was around 13,000. Take out about 2,000 on furlough.....you get 11,000. Yes the furloughess count...but honestly, would you care about anything if you had been on furlough for 4 years? Probably not.

Come sit in the lounge in SLC or LAX and then tell me how happy people are with Delta and how many of them want representation.

BoeingBoy said:
I give up dignity - you say something, say you didn't, then say it again. All apparently just to disagree with what anyone else says.

You hit the nail right on the head!

My style is getting higher compensation and respect!
all to often some people will define self-worth based on how much money they are making and that is the focus.

you are a valuable part of the process, I know that to be the case and I think you know that too.

we are respected, simply for the fact we work mainly in an unsupervised environment and they trust us to carry out service procedures really sort of shows they really do.

but that is just how I see it.

out of the hundreds of thousands of applicants over the years who did not successfully achieve becoming invited to initial training and they saw something unique in you, me and all of us.. shows we are a little more special and respected than some may think!

If it means getting in a few scuffles with management...then so be it, i'm not bending over and taking one that easily!
Tired of the fighting you say? I'd rather fight for what I believe in, then just give it all up and take what someone wants to give me.

we have some of the most professional crew members in the industry who are an absolute asset to this airline .

I have watched these people go from excitement and hope with the merger at the beginning.. to today absolutely convinced we now will work for an at will employer, who will fire you on a dime, scared that as simple as one infraction you will be shown the door, we are all going to be outsourced and they really really believe that to the point now its a worse scenario than working at NW.

The worst part in all of that, we have never worked at DL!

scaring people into justifying a Union's existence will resolve zip!

scuffles with managment to get your way?

there are two words for that, its called..

LABOR PROBLEMS

I have witnessed repeatedly over the course of our careers, Unions fighting with Management and one thing always happens.

it makes the situation at hand ten times worse!

Good luck to us all with that type of mindset guiding our careers.

40% of the total that Delta claimed were on the list.

Total number was around 13,000. Take out about 2,000 on furlough.....you get 11,000. Yes the furloughess count...but honestly, would you care about anything if you had been on furlough for 4 years? Probably not.
Flight Attendants on furlough should participate in a representational election! are you sort of saying they shouldnt??

Come sit in the lounge in SLC or LAX and then tell me how happy people are with Delta and how many of them want representation.
the only way we are going to find out.. what the groups wishes are going forward is to have an election.

its seems every dysfunction we have ever known is going to carry over.. simply for the fact some are intent to stay in the past where a confrontational mode of thinking with Management is going to solve all our problems.

it will not.

I have, over the course of our careers clearly seen these Union/Management, Management/Union fighting,

solves nothing.

for some wanting a contract is one thing, going about it a way that is proven to fail = always will be stuck in the middle.

we have an opportunity to wipe the slate clean and everyone get on the same page and start really working together as professionals including everyone from the executive offices to the front line...making the merger as successful as possible and that can happen with or without representation.

My suggestion is do to just that.

While I did not have the opportunity to attend the meeting in Washington.

I did take the time to read some of the statements made, supporting both sides and comments.. that have been made available.

One in particular really stood out to me.

That would be Janette's.

Even though we may not always agree with the issues and have our own opinions..

She, in particular, always comes across when stating her personal opinion and beliefs as a consummate professional.

She carried herself well regarding her statement.. that is something I have always admired about her and proud to know she is a colleague.

I will always recognize a great Flight Attendant regardless..

She will make a positive difference at Delta whatever the group's decision will be.