The Real Reason.

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
I very much doubt that the TWU vote was suspended because of the inconsistincies of the language. I believe that the recent UAL/IAM agreements reached in bankruptcy court prompted an about face on our issues. Yes, the UAL agreements call for furloughs and workrule changes. But having read the UAL/IAM agrrement for mechanics, they did alot better than we did.

----------------
On 4/10/2003 6:27:20 AM Hopeful wrote:

I very much doubt that the TWU vote was suspended because of the inconsistincies of the language. I believe that the recent UAL/IAM agreements reached in bankruptcy court prompted an about face on our issues. Yes, the UAL agreements call for furloughs and workrule changes. But having read the UAL/IAM agrrement for mechanics, they did alot better than we did.

----------------​
So did USAir. So what next for Carty and his toy union?
Lets play ball in the court room. Remember that UAL and USAir were in worst financial shape just prior to entering BK. I hope that the employees of this company can see through Carty''s crap.....

----------------
On 4/10/2003 8:24:19 AM AAviator wrote:

You guys amaze me. Remembering yesterday, living in today, oblivious about tomorrow. What has changed? 4.5% if AA returns to a pre 9/11 credit rating. So what really changed? Are you ready for that leap of faith? Its still there. Vote the T/A down, enter the world of BK. Vote yes, have a chance.

So now, while you''re beating your chests, has the latest development swayed your vote?

----------------​

NO!

There is only more resolve to replace the weakest union in the industry.

You guys amaze me. Remembering yesterday, living in today, oblivious about tomorrow. What has changed? 4.5% if AA returns to a pre 9/11 credit rating. So what really changed? Are you ready for that leap of faith? Its still there. Vote the T/A down, enter the world of BK. Vote yes, have a chance.

So now, while you''re beating your chests, has the latest development swayed your vote?

1AA:
I''m glad you agree with me. We have the likes of AAviator, KCFlyer, and FAMikey believing that the Cary Plan will deliver us. They truly believe the KoolAid that AMR is spewing out.

They're probably cowering with all the naysayers who said Iraqis did not want to be liberated.

----------------
On 4/10/2003 8:59:32 AM KCFlyer wrote:

RV4 - until you actually start paying for tickets to fly your family somewhere instead of non-revving, you''ll never understand the concept of "value for money spent". Yes, it''s sometimes a hassle getting a non-rev seat, but it''s a bigger hassle to PAY for a seat, then have a kid get sick and get bent over and screwed with $100 change fees.

If the solution to your problems is to charge me $1,000 to fly from MCI-DFW, then you''d most likely be willing to gladly walk into your Chevy dealer and pay $40,000 for a Cavalier so that a union job wouldn''t be sent to Mexico. It works both ways my friend...
----------------
It sounds like you are finally getting to the source of the problem, and it damn sure isn''t my pay/benefit package. SO why don''t you take your complaints to the appropiate department and leave the union/management debate to those of us in the extreme background, of your complaints. I cannot help you with your problems, and you are withtout a doubt, in the wrong area to solve anything you have brought up.

The passenger will gladly pay $30.00 to have his/her oil changed on his car, but only wants to spend $79.00 to fly NYC-MIA.

AAviator: As usual you miss the point. Why is it after the threats of a NO- vote does AA make slight changes to the T/A? This is typical of management-labor negotiations. The bottom line is that AA, like other airlines, are trying to sieze the moment and finally "break the unions." It''s perfectly okay to blame labor for much of the airlines woes, but you never hear much about "mis-management" on the part of the Execs.

RV4 - until you actually start paying for tickets to fly your family somewhere instead of non-revving, you'll never understand the concept of "value for money spent". Yes, it's sometimes a hassle getting a non-rev seat, but it's a bigger hassle to PAY for a seat, then have a kid get sick and get bent over and screwed with $100 change fees.

If the solution to your problems is to charge me $1,000 to fly from MCI-DFW, then you'd most likely be willing to gladly walk into your Chevy dealer and pay $40,000 for a Cavalier so that a union job wouldn't be sent to Mexico. It works both ways my friend...

----------------
On 4/10/2003 9:14:18 AM Hopeful wrote:

The passenger will gladly pay $30.00 to have his/her oil changed on his car, but only wants to spend $79.00 to fly NYC-MIA.

----------------

Hopeful - yes, I do price shop. Don''t you? But I wish I could have gotten the $79 fare. I must not be the average passenger - I just paid $386 per person for 18 of us to go from MCI-TPA. Would have bought $79 if it was available - but I still think I got a pretty fair deal.

But lets say that you wanted to go there...it was spring break and the flights were full, so non-reving would have been out of the question...what price would YOU consider fair, bearing in mind that you''d be paying for you, your spouse and two kids.​

KCFlyer:

That's my point. But you don't see one auto dealership or independent mechanic charging 30, 40, or even 50% less per hourly labor rate. You know very well that they charge very close to one another's rates. Most average homeowners who don't maintain their own homes know they're gonna get hosed when they call a plumber or electrician. But they pay whatever not be inconvenienced. Try putting everything on a grander scale.

$30.00 for an oil change- no problem!
$79.00 for NYC-MIA fare- nothing more.