Theodore And Airbus

You guys are a riot! I wonder how long it will take "The Beav" to catch on as the unofficial nickname of Ted? The "clunky" little brother to United. :D

C54Capt said:
Oh gee Wally.
Surely our English cohort thinks we've all gone totally bonkers, or however they express it over there (nutters?)...
Guess we'll have to explain that while young Master Cleaver's given first name was indeed Theodore, no one (excepting Miss Canfield/Mrs. Rayburn/other authority figures outside the family) EVER called him that, or Ted, or Teddy! B)

C54Capt said:
bigsky,
The low-fare frenzy and the improving economy are creating a huge increase in passenger enplanements at DIA. Your talk about Ted (alone) taking back marketshare should be studied a bit more. Maybe it should just be kudos for UA mainline.
C54Capt

I think you (and for that matter, the analysts) may be underestimating the impact that Ted's simplified pricing scheme is having, not just on growing the DIA market, but also, more importantly, in impoving the yields UA is seeing on these routes compared to what mainline was doing.

The yield issue with Ted is being missed by all the analysts, but I believe it's a big factor. More people buying mid-tier fares and booking later, rather than (on mainline) a few people paying the big bucks, and most paying deep deep discounts and buying well in advance

Latest posts