There otta be a law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phlus2

Senior
Apr 11, 2007
So on January 25 - booked 4 tickets round trip from PHL to DFW - at $395 each - plus taxes and fees.

Today - the price is $218 round trip per person

So - to "change" to the lower fare - on the exact same flights - costs $150 per person.

And out of the kindness of their hearts - US will issue a $27 voucher per person good for future travel.

Lesson learned - NEVER book USDespair again - ALWAYS fly another airline - like SouthWest - which allows unlimite changes without a "penalty" for a lower fare.

Love to hear how anyone justifies paying a $150 "change fee" to get a lower fare on the EXACT SAME FLIGHTS ALREADY BOOKED!

Makes you want to say DELETED BY MODERATOR

Flame away - and I"d love to hear the justification for this!

And by the way - the US Supervisor on the Chairmen's line agreed completely that the policy was ridiculous an unjustified - now there you go - the employees of the company agreeing that a company policay was un-justifiable - makes for great customer relations when the employees can't even defend the company they work for!

So on January 25 - booked 4 tickets round trip from PHL to DFW - at $395 each - plus taxes and fees.

So - to "change" to the lower fare - on the exact same flights - costs $150 per person.

And out of the kindness of their hearts - US will issue a $27 voucher per person good for future travel.

Lesson learned - NEVER book USDespair again - ALWAYS fly another airline - like SouthWest - which allows unlimite changes without a "penalty" for a lower fare.

Love to hear how anyone justifies paying a $150 "change fee" to get a lower fare on the EXACT SAME FLIGHTS ALREADY BOOKED!

Makes you want to say DELETED BY MODERATOR

Flame away - and I"d love to hear the justification for this!

And by the way - the US Supervisor on the Chairmen's line agreed completely that the policy was ridiculous an unjustified - now there you go - the employees of the company agreeing that a company policay was un-justifiable - makes for great customer relations when the employees can't even defend the company they work for!
Dumb Policy? Yes I agree, it's dumb to have to "pay" $150 to save money. But what I don't understand is that the policy is clearly stated on the website so why is everybody suprised when they call and don't get the answer they wanted? All you have to do is type in lower fare in the search on USAirways.com and poof it pops up and the fee is clearly stated.

Another thing I don't understand - I deal with the public all day long, and as soon as they don't get what they want the Southwest name always pops up and they're only going to fly Southwest in the future. If Southwest is so great, and doesn't charge for all this stuff why didn't the person book on Southwest in the first place?
I'm not being sarcastic, or downplaying the OP's frustration but I am truly wondering about these two questions. Feel free to explain, I'm sure somebody will.

Ticket prices are like a commodity.

Last year I paid 300 more to fly to asia than I normally would, its probably much cheaper today.

Thems the breaks.

My HDTV is selling for a lot less now than when I bought it.

Prices change

I feel your pain. I bought my house on January 25th for $395,000 today it sells for $218,000 and the damn company, USHome, will not give me a refund of $177,000. Same house, same lot in the same city. They wouldn't even give me a free voucher for carpet cleaning... at least you got a voucher!

JEEZ! Why does everyone expect airlines to run their business with a completely different standard????

LOL

Some people are not happy unless they complain.

When you buy a car and two weeks later the same car goes on sale do you go back to the dealer and request a refund?

When you buy a steak at the grocery store this week for $10 a lb and next week it goes on sale for $8 a lb, do you go back to the grocery store and request a refund?

I guess you dont read the fare rules when you purchase a ticket?

I think some people areent happy unless they complain.

Time for this thread to be locked.

Another thing I don't understand - I deal with the public all day long, and as soon as they don't get what they want the Southwest name always pops up and they're only going to fly Southwest in the future. If Southwest is so great, and doesn't charge for all this stuff why didn't the person book on Southwest in the first place?

I'm not being sarcastic, or downplaying the OP's frustration but I am truly wondering about these two questions. Feel free to explain, I'm sure somebody will.

Probably because traveling on Southwest from Philadelphia to Dallas Love Field would more than likely required a connection in Chicago Midway and additional stops in St. Louis and Oklahoma City!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back