top 5 airline exec pay 2004/2005

Airways had to implement a rentention plan to keep the talent at CCY...

Labor should thank them for their dedication and passion in keeping the airline on track to emerged from BK.

And should labor thank them for the talent to lead U into bankruptcy twice?

Prostitutes can fake dedication and passion for the right price. No matter how skilled they are at their art the money is the reason they do it.

The talent's "dedication and passion" was to line their own pockets at labor's expense. You want a thank you from labor?

Go roll another blunt in a hundred dollar bill.

How about returning our salaries to pre BK levels, and paying for the retirements instead of dumping them on the government.

I don't know much about Doug...but why is Al Crellin still here ???

.. .and have us in BK again in a few years???
rjh, How much of a paycut did YOU take ???

It sickens me that some people on here defend the "wing tip wonder" boys hefty salary increases at the expense of labor...

Yeah, it's pretty easy to wave the pom poms if you did not participate in the bankrupcy give backs. :down:

How about returning our salaries to pre BK levels, and paying for the retirements instead of dumping them on the government.

That is the past. It will never come back. Just get it out of your minds. The boo hoo about cuts are getting old. You have a choice accept what you have or look for new employment where you will be happy.

Henderfuzz is right. The comparison of 04 and 05 isn't a fair comparison. In 05 we had 2 of everything. 2 CEO's, 2 of every VP, etc. Included in that number may also be the severence packages for those that were not invited to the new company, which would push that number even higher then a "normal" year.

The devil is in the details......
Ok, so let's say that $7.86 million in 2004 represents only the US Airways executives compensation. Then, as you say, the devil is in the details...How much was the compensation in 2004 for America West executives? Add that to the $7.86 million and then compare to the $29 million paid in 2005.

I suspect that the difference will still startle.

Sounds like Class envy to me...we all know that the upper crust deserves more attention than the bottom crust..otherwise the Pie would not be as inviting to the
idiots that are investing in this POS of a company.

Don't believe me..just watch...and cry.

Ok, so let's say that $7.86 million in 2004 represents only the US Airways executives compensation. Then, as you say, the devil is in the details...How much was the compensation in 2004 for America West executives? Add that to the $7.86 million and then compare to the $29 million paid in 2005.

I suspect that the difference will still startle.

Again, the 29 million paid in 2005 is a bogus number that is skewd by much more then compensation. You have buyout clauses due to the merger and the eventual shut down of CCY. You won't get a true picture of the executive managements compensation package until the figures come out for 2006 or 2007, once all of the buyouts from the merger are completed and the dust settles.

You've got to figure that the 7.86 million in compensation for the original US is gone now. What is the true figure for the "new" US?

rjh, How much of a paycut did YOU take ???

It sickens me that some people on here defend the "wing tip wonder" boys hefty salary increases at the expense of labor...

Yeah, it's pretty easy to wave the pom poms if you did not participate in the bankrupcy give backs. :down:
No where in my post did I defend any type of salary increases for any executives. I simply pointed out that it would be ridiculous to bring wages to pre-BK levels--because high wages was part of the reason the airline was in BK to begin with!!!

No where in my post did I defend any type of salary increases for any executives. I simply pointed out that it would be ridiculous to bring wages to pre-BK levels--because high wages was part of the reason the airline was in BK to begin with!!!

Really? How much of a part? If it were a percentage, would it be a high percentage? And what would be the breakdown among work groups? How about the executive compensation? What percentage would that be? How about the percentage for mismanagement and poor business decisions?

I don't believe high employee wages were a factor in either bankruptcy. Furthermore, when I see airline executives getting paid six or seven (or more) figures per year for decision making, as either an employee or an investor I'd better see consistent positive results in exchange for that hefty paycheck. Otherwise, you haven't earned squat in my eyes, and you don't deserve a golden parachute, exit compensation or any of the other garbage US execs have exited with over the last 10+ years. That is why the company went belly-up twice, IMO.

True.....but you can't just cut it in half. Look at the severence packages that would have been paid to the US Executives. That would definitly distort the numbers.

I know you can't just halve it. It was simple arithmetic fun. :p

Henderfuzz is right. The comparison of 04 and 05 isn't a fair comparison. In 05 we had 2 of everything. 2 CEO's, 2 of every VP, etc. Included in that number may also be the severence packages for those that were not invited to the new company, which would push that number even higher then a "normal" year.

The devil is in the details......

And the details are that the numbers do include the top 5 and the top 5 only: Parker, Lakefield, McClelland, Kirby, and Crellin. As best I can tell, the near $30 million number comes from the values in the compensation table from the company's proxy filings when including the value of the generous options granted at a 5% annual appreciation rate. See the actual numbers at http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/701...72121def14a.htm

How much of a paycut did YOU take ???

I am seriously going to puke on my own shoes. Everyone who continues to hold a grudge over paycuts, please write the following information down and read it before you post another stupid comment like the one above:

Even after all of your paycuts, you still make more than any of us at America West ever would have dreamed of making.

This is not defense of "wing tip wonder boys", but to say pay is what it is, it made the airline competitive to the market in terms of salary, and is not going back to what is was. And where it is, is still higher than what your counterparts at West are making. Period.

That is not true, the mechanics make a few more cents then the East Mechanics do and our last CEO only made $425,000 a year with no paycut.

Even after all of your paycuts, you still make more than any of us at America West ever would have dreamed of making.
You sure are bitter. Let me continue. If you don’t like the pay.AH AH AH I’ll stop right there…………………I think you no the rest.

LCC did post a profit, don't they deserve it?

NO!

The employees deserve it more!!! Much more!; and before managment.

Once again this journalist didn't research the details. I know the true facts. The executives acctually took a salary reduction during the BK process. A more accurate comparision would be to look at the executive salaries in 2004, Airways was in the middle of the group. One can't compare the 2005 salaries as it is not comparing apples with apples. There were many factors that contributed to this number that has been stated in this thread. This number is grossly inaccurate.

As I have stated before in previous postings, Airways had to implement a rentention plan to keep the talent at CCY. You can't operate an airline without executives. The executives were compensated below market value in the DC/VA labor market. The bottom line is that the executives at CCY played a vital role in the success of the current company. Labor should thank them for their dedication and passion in keeping the airline on track to emerged from BK.

Go fall off a cliff!

USAirways did not survive, only in name. You were not successful. You only managed to screw stockholders and creditors, and labor using the BK code (twice) to keep your hefy pay check going along with your selected cronies, bribe some investors to throw in some cash for a risky merger of two mega-losing-money airlines.

I see your still dribbling the same crap. You get NO thanks from labor. You will now witness LABOR'S turn at the wheel. Labor will need to ratify these new agreements...and it won't be without improvements...and NO BK sheild for you pig-eons.