Transport Stats On Comm Lic Issued...

Canrotor

Apr 9, 2003
Lets see if we can get this site moving.........!!

I can't seem to find a number on the transport Canada website regarding how many commercial helicopter licenses were issued in the last 12 months.

I believe last year there were 268 commercial helo lic's issued....and how many do you think got a job......15....???

COMMENT ANYONE.....?????? :huh:

THANKS.

Two out of three om my students last year got hired pretty much immediately after they finished training!

Five of my class of eight (finished winter '02-'03) have been hired and 4 of us are actually flying.

Interesting seeing the stats by age. The numbers don't seem to say that the biz is as top heavy with middle aged 'soon to be retiring, leaving a vacuum' sort of situation.

holy cow !! :shock: well now i hope that the stats are better than that ,just being done myself and a little older than the norm. "student that is" and hoping to find work by spring :up: we can always pray for good things to happen ay !! :blink:

salut ...

" we can always pray for good things to happen ay !! "

i used to head out in spring and say "mama, make sure you pray for forest fires"! she told me you can't pray for destruction of beautiful forests!!! i said: "oh yes mama, you can"!!! :up: :up: :up:

for you new guys heading out remember...................

10% your shiny new licence and 90% your attitude!! good luck!

Finally some life here..........

412 Driver said....
"10% your shiney new licence and 90% your attitude"

so from the experienced pilots' and chief pilots that will do the hiring,what would this attitude " mindset " be....??

-enthusiastic
-ready to learn
-willing to start on the ramp
-neat appearance,but ready to get dirty
-not afraid of change or challenge

and how about a big smile :D

Thanks in advance from any advice from the experienced...!!!!!

Canrotor.

-enthusiastic
-ready to learn
-willing to start on the ramp
-neat appearance,but ready to get dirty
-not afraid of change or challenge

and how about a big smile

BINGO!!! :up: :up: :up:

well #### :lol: i thought finding a job was going to be harder than that !!
enthusiastic - energizer bunny"go go"
ready 2 learn - starts with schooling "done"
foot in door - 2 be expected "ramp would be awsome start"
appearance & dirty - previous experience in that field
change & challenge - being 34 and starting new career"very much so"
and the smile - well my dentist can attest to that :D

cool thanks 4 the incite :up: :up: :up:

salut !!

thanks for posting that link 412, some really neat numbers in there to browse through.

Although I would question the accuracy;

ATPL (H)'s per province for example are way off base. TC shows that the Rock has only 17...............funny, there are 18 guys looking over my shoulder while I type this, and they are all card carrying ATP drivers. Oh well, ya wouldn't want the government publishing something that was accurate anyway..............no offence there CTD. B)

i don't know, it's the transport canada websight :huh: :huh:

are those 18 guys all from the rock or were the atpl's issued elsewhere???

hmmm...........now ya got me thinkin 412, I thought that it was actually were they were active, as in were/what region the medicals were done. Will ask the question the next time I talk to a buddy of mine in licencing.

Did a list of quick names a know of at leat 30 guys with ATPL (H) here on the island alone and with the exeption of one or two they are all active.

Back