Travel/work The Day After

robbedagain

Veteran
Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
here is my situation: i went to training in clt the first week of feb. i had put the proper times in on my time card. but i was told because i was tria\\aining, the 40 hrs of training didnt qualify towards the 40 weekly (i have gone to full time from part time) and i had to work the day after i got back from training. i was told by the manager that it would be all straight time however everyone else including members of the cwa our inside agents even told me that i get paid time and a half for the day after and double time for the following day. i put that into my time card and i was told today that the company said i was overpaid by a half hr. I talked a union rep on the phone and explained to him what happen and he will check into it. i was told by the manager that this could have actually constiuted theft. now i get paid below 11.00 an hr how in the world can the company complain to me about this when all they have done is stolen from us the employees!??????

You should have been paid 40 hrs straight time and 8 hr 1 1/2.
Most state laws say if you work 40 hrs for a company anything after that is overtime as along as it is in tehe same week. In your case i think your week
runs monday to sunday. Check with your states labor board. They are there to
help and they will.You might not get that much help form your union because
who evers in charge might be in bed with management.

the problem is that we are now onto our third new iam chief in just about 5 months one of which took furlough and the other is now in phl.. so i told him the situation and he is going to take a hard look into it. i put the training time as other straight time and the travel time as other straight time. then i worked 7 hrs the follwing day--saturday and put that under time and a half and then worked sunday for 6.5 hrs and put that as double time. then friday the manager told me that he was told something from a person who claims to know the whole iam contract and said that i should put it as all straight time and that i got paid a half hr over time but he would let it slide this time as it was aunfortunate misunderstanding that could have even led to theft. now i was told by everyone at my station including all members of the cwa and my own iam agents that i did the right way. so may be some can help me out if it did it right. thanks