TSA Invasion!

badchoochoo

Apr 26, 2006
TSA has been screening US Airways employees when they leave breakrooms! They are doing a full wand and property search as we leave! Now mind you....this is After we go through security entering the airport...Then to even acess the breakroom we have to scan our 15 year background checked airport issued S.I.D.A. badge And enter our PIN number! The kicker is...they are only conducting a Second screening of agents LEAVING the secure area...Not anyone entering! How safe is that?? "Oh you can go on the ramp and have a field day with the airplanes..." BUT YOU BETTER NOT LEAVE THE SECURE AREA WITH A BOTTLE OF WATER!" HELLO!! I don't get it....if anyone else can rationalize this thinking for me plz contact me! :huh:

Sure would like to see them try that at the clock out line at shifts end :p Could get ugly!!!

TSA has been screening US Airways employees when they leave breakrooms! They are doing a full wand and property search as we leave! Now mind you....this is After we go through security entering the airport...Then to even acess the breakroom we have to scan our 15 year background checked airport issued S.I.D.A. badge And enter our PIN number! The kicker is...they are only conducting a Second screening of agents LEAVING the secure area...Not anyone entering! How safe is that?? "Oh you can go on the ramp and have a field day with the airplanes..." BUT YOU BETTER NOT LEAVE THE SECURE AREA WITH A BOTTLE OF WATER!" HELLO!! I don't get it....if anyone else can rationalize this thinking for me plz contact me! :huh:

They should do it in CLT, where the real theft happens.

Quoting the link, not Jim.
Everyone in general aviation, including amateur pilots, will be subject to search.

Slepian, founder of the Foreseeable Risk Analysis Center, thinks airport personnel are the top threat to commercial aviation.

"There is a criminal element who works in airports," he said.

I wonder where Mr. Slepian receives his funding?

Oh, and here's a fun quote -

“TSA should be applauded for finally recognizing that items generally carried by the public in public venues that are not classified as weapons per se in federal or state statutes are for the most part not any more dangerous than a rolled up magazine or a ball point pen and are hardly worth the effort expended in confiscating them.â€￾
-- Charles G. Slepian, Foreseeable Risk Analysis Center, Inc., Dec. 2, 2005

Everyone in general aviation, including amateur pilots, will be subject to search.

Slepian, founder of the Foreseeable Risk Analysis Center, thinks airport personnel are the top threat to commercial aviation.

"There is a criminal element who works in airports," he said.

Same with the government. Go figure.

Just for the record it was the Democrats that INSISTED on the TSA screeners be Government Employees when they established TSA.

Ya thats right, when the democrats insist on something then the republicans just have to do it.
Republicans always do what the democrats tell them to.

Heavy Sarcasm

This time Gabby it happens to be true. They held up the legislation for weeks. I'm no fan of either party as I'm a Libertarian so I don't have a dog in the Republicrat fight. I predicted that if the security were run by the Feds we'ed end up with the jack booted thugs we currently have.

The "Trained Shoe Analysts" are an absolute joke. Most are wannabe law enforcement types who couldn't pass the psych screen for a real Law enforcement job. To date the only thing they have thwarted is airline customers and now airline employees ability to begin their travel or work day with a positive and pleasant experience.

The key to security is good solid police work not a bunch of law enforcement wannabe's.

This blatant erosion of basic civil liberties is what my uncle landed on Normandy to prevent.
Judging from the decline in organized Labor I'd say Big Labor has had about all the help from the Democrat they can stand. Face facts, Labor doesn't have the type of cash required to attract any meaningful change just enough lip service to keep the money flowing in a specific direction

Bob, as a former leo, I agree with you 100%. These people are a total joke. They need to be worring about theft from their own employees not us. I am not happy with this at all. So far it hasn't happened where I am.

TSA in the STATES is a JOKE....I have traveled thru out EUROPE and SECURITY REPS over there are so COURTIOUS and NICE.... TSA stateside needs to take some lessons. I was with AIR TRAN when TSA started at GSO, I could ONLY laugh and that was about 4 yrs ago. PERSONALLY I DONT THINK THAT HAVE MADE ANY IMPROVEMENTS. I am moving from INT RES to the GSO ATO on MON Oct 30, glad to get back to the ATO but I am not excited about dealing with TSA !!!!!

Back