Twu, Afl-cio Continue To Lead

Is there an Election in your future??? American, come on in... the water is more than great!!!!

Being a member of an industrial union is similar to swimming in a cesspool: water quality has degraded slowly over 50 years to the point where you don't notice the smell or how foul it has really become... especially if that's all you know. However, the move to AMFA is an improvement of huge magnitude and you WILL notice the improvement immediately and then wonder how you ever put up with the old situation for so long!

Let me tell you that the change to AMFA has made a huge difference in how business gets done, who has the real control, and in the level of real hope for the future that now exists! Under the IAM (TWU) or any industrial union our craft has floundered and been the victim of repeated and near constant degrading. Under AMFA the members agenda is the unions agenda no if's, an's, or but's!

In AMFA there is no single person anointed union KING who independently dictates policies that you are forced to live with and under. In AMFA you get to elect (minus a few positions for very valid reasons) and have the right to recall any position. This forces officers to respect member control and adhere to the same. Dealings with the company are transparent and subject to member approval! The best part of moving to AMFA is the old boy, lapdog, and company girlfriend attitude will be flushed from your union while being able to retain the best of the old and get the addition of new people who are vested in the outcome of the actions they take.

At UAL we got to keep people (drive, experience, and ability) whose track record was one of true service to the members. We also had an influx of previously excluded people who have already exceeded the meager benchmark set by the IAM top down leadership. For the first time in many years I feel like there is hope for the future!

Everyday I now have positive and verifiable proof that my union is now aligned with my interests. The difference on this transparency issue alone (compared to the secret, spin-doctoring, and manipulative tactics employed by the previous industrial union) is like being able to breathe without pillow on your face.

The bottom line, beyond all the rhetoric and complete lies tossed around by sycophants of industrial unionism, is the absolutely irrefutable FACT that not one group that has gone to AMFA has ever removed them or even gone looking for another brand of unionism to represent them! That record is undeniable FACT and the strongest evidence to consider when deciding which choice you should make in representation! VOTE AMFA... remember the past and look to the future!

Pro-AMT said:
Is there an Election in your future??? American, come on in... the water is more than great!!!!

Being a member of an industrial union is similar to swimming in a cesspool: water quality has degraded slowly over 50 years to the point where you don't notice the smell or how foul it has really become... especially if that's all you know. However, the move to AMFA is an improvement of huge magnitude and you WILL notice the improvement immediately and then wonder how you ever put up with the old situation for so long!

Let me tell you that the change to AMFA has made a huge difference in how business gets done, who has the real control, and in the level of real hope for the future that now exists! Under the IAM (TWU) or any industrial union our craft has floundered and been the victim of repeated and near constant degrading. Under AMFA the members agenda is the unions agenda no if's, an's, or but's!

In AMFA there is no single person anointed union KING who independently dictates policies that you are forced to live with and under. In AMFA you get to elect (minus a few positions for very valid reasons) and have the right to recall any position. This forces officers to respect member control and adhere to the same. Dealings with the company are transparent and subject to member approval! The best part of moving to AMFA is the old boy, lapdog, and company girlfriend attitude will be flushed from your union while being able to retain the best of the old and get the addition of new people who are vested in the outcome of the actions they take.

At UAL we got to keep people (drive, experience, and ability) whose track record was one of true service to the members. We also had an influx of previously excluded people who have already exceeded the meager benchmark set by the IAM top down leadership. For the first time in many years I feel like there is hope for the future!

Everyday I now have positive and verifiable proof that my union is now aligned with my interests. The difference on this transparency issue alone (compared to the secret, spin-doctoring, and manipulative tactics employed by the previous industrial union) is like being able to breathe without pillow on your face.

The bottom line, beyond all the rhetoric and complete lies tossed around by sycophants of industrial unionism, is the absolutely irrefutable FACT that not one group that has gone to AMFA has ever removed them or even gone looking for another brand of unionism to represent them! That record is undeniable FACT and the strongest evidence to consider when deciding which choice you should make in representation! VOTE AMFA... remember the past and look to the future!
Anyone who accepts this bet with Bob will surely lose.

Hey Bob and Informer,
I've called your bet. Are you gonna produce the signed card or not????

Talked to ole Jerry lately Bobby???

twuer said:
Pro-AMT said:

Anyone who accepts this bet with Bob will surely lose.

Hey Bob and Informer,
I've called your bet. Are you gonna produce the signed card or not????

Talked to ole Jerry lately Bobby???
March 31, 2003

James C. Little

Administrative Vice President, Air Transport Division

Transport Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO

1791 Hurstview Dr.

Hurst, Texas 76054

Re: Summary of the 2003 Contract changes

This will confirm our understanding reached during the negotiations leading up to the agreement signed on (DOS), 2003. During these negotiations, we discussed many changes intended to achieve sustained long-term financial relief from the current provisions of the TWU labor agreements. This letter is intended to recap the majority of the agreed upon changes. Changes are listed by Title groups: I (Mechanics and Related), II (Facilities, Automotive, Cabin Cleaners, Utility and Building Cleaners), III (Fleet Service), IV (Fuelers), V (Stock Clerks), T/S (Technical Specials), Disp (Dispatch), Metro (Meteorologists), Sim Techs (Simulator Technicians) and Instrs (Ground School and Pilot Instructors).

Pay Related

Effective May 1, 2003:

§ Base wage pay reduction, varying percentages (all groups)

§ Elimination of all longevity pay(I & II)

§ Modified longevity pay, start after 17 years, current rates (III, IV, V,T/S)

§ Reduced Sim Tech Coordinator premium by $.75/hour

§ Reduced Sim Tech Skill pay to $.10/hour

§ Reduced Pilot Simulator Instructors premium to $10.00/month

§ Reduced Ground School/Pilot Simulator Instructors standardization coordinator pay to $150.00/month

§ Reduced Pilot/Simulator Instructors work unit experience premium

§ Modified shift differential to $.01, $.02, $.03 (I, II, III, V, T/S, Sim Techs)

§ Elimination of weekend differential (I, II, V, at AFW, TUL, MCI)

§ Elimination of midnight skill retention premium (Sim Techs)

§ Training pay at straight time for off shift and day off (I, II)

§ Elimination of penalty lunch payment (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Elimination of OT meal allowance (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S)

§ Penalty hours pay for actual time worked @ 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S)

§ Reduce OT rate from 2x to 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Work 40 hrs to reach OT rate for day off overtime (III, V)

§ Elimination of debrief pay (T/S)

§ Elimination of Stock Clerk driver premium

§ Elimination of AMT premiums when displacing OSM employee

§ Elimination of Early Call-In guarantees (I, II, III, IV)

§ Elimination of short turn penalty due to shift bids (Art 21 d) (III, IV)

§ Elimination of CC premium when not working as CC (III,V)

Work Rules/ Other changes and effective dates:

Effective April 15, 2003:

§ Combine Systems/Structures into Generals (Title I)

§ Added 7 day labor loan provision (Bases only)

§ Increased AMT productivity through multiple work assignments/training

§ Holidays reduced from 10 to 5. The five (5) observed holidays will be: New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day (all groups)

o Holidays- 5 days with roll @ 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S, Sim Techs)

o Holidays- 5 days (no roll) @ 1.5x (Disp, Metro, Instrs)

Effective May 1, 2003

§ Reduce annual SK accrual to 5 days @ 100% (all except I & II)

§ Reduce annual SK accrual to 5 days, 1st two at 50% (I & II)

Effective May 3, 2003

§ 4/10s at Overhaul docks/TUL, duration of agreement

Effective within sixty (60) days of ratification:

§ Outsource RON/Ultraclean (II/III)

§ One time System protection credit for headcount reductions realized from work rule changes (all groups except Metro)

Effective thirty (30) days from ratification:

§ Reduce uniform provisioning and eliminate laundering (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Outsource stores function at HDQ (6 Stock Clerks)

§ Relocate 4 Stock Clerks at ORD/GEM to ORD/M & E hanger

Effective as soon as practicable after DOS:

§ Change work schedule to 5 on, 2 off (T/S)

§ Reduced VC accrual one week (all groups)

§ Modify Crew Chief ratios:

AMT- 1:11.5

FSC- 1:9

Fuelers- eliminated ratio

Stores- 1:12

Benefits:

§ Medical & Dental plan modifications (all groups) Effective 1/1/04

§ SLOA Benefit Coverage reduced from 24 to12 months (all groups)

Effective 5/01/03

§ Eliminate STD Plan (all groups) Effective 1/1/04

§ Discontinue subsidized medical benefits RIF’d employees (all groups)

Effective 4/15/03

§ Modify IOD to 10 days (all groups) Effective 5/01/03 with the following transition:

o If the injury was incurred prior to 4/15/03, remaining applicable salary continuation through the end of the month up to the current 80 days

o If the injury is incurred on 4/15/03 or before 4/30/03, salary continuation for 10 days up to the current 80 days

o If the injury is incurred after 5/01/03, salary continuation for 10 days

Sincerely,

James B. Weel

Managing Director

Employee Relations

Agreed to this date:

James C Little

Transport Workers Union, AFL-CIO

Attached Image

Attachments

• procompany01.jpg
    procompany01.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 107
The reason AMFA did not go to the TSA hearing is because it was AMFA members that brought this problem to the government's attention over two years ago. Where was the TWU+AFL-CIO two years ago on this issue? The TWU+AFL-CIO is two years late! AMFA has already testified before several government agencies about the security issue at repair stations here and abroad. Another teamTWU propaganda letter that just got discredited.

Local 33 Press Release on this issue:

June 30, 2003 Press Release

Content:

Press Release Source: AMFA Local 33

Northwest Mechanics Applaud Pending Legislation to Tighten Security at Foreign Aircraft Repair Stations

Monday June 30, 9:18 am ET

MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 30, 2003--Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) Local 33, serving Northwest and Mesaba Airlines, today applauded pending Congressional legislation that would make security at foreign aircraft repair stations as stringent as in the U.S.

The legislation, recently passed by the Senate and now before the House (H.R. 2144), would require employees of foreign repair stations who work on U.S. aircraft to undergo drug and alcohol testing at the same level as domestic airline maintenance workers. Foreign repair stations would be subject to inspections without notice and security audits, just as domestic maintenance facilities are today. The security audits would be carried out within one year after passage of the legislation. If a foreign repair station failed to correct security issues within 90 days of notification, its certificate to repair U.S. aircraft would be suspended.

"We have been pursuing this issue hard since September 2001, in Washington and in the press. It's gratifying to see this progress happening," said AMFA Local 33 President Jim Atkinson. "We're also glad that, in a non-partisan spirit, the AFL-CIO is now also supporting this issue."

In presenting an amendment to the Senate bill on behalf of himself and others, including Minnesota's Mark Dayton, Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA) said, "What we have at the present time is a very different set of standards for foreign repair stations than are in effect for domestic stations. In foreign stations, for example, there need not be drug and alcohol testing. In foreign stations, there are not the kinds of requirements and regulations as to the maintenance of safety, and there are no requirements as to security."

Enforcement of the new regulations would be handled by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), under its existing authority for U.S. aircraft overseas. "With appropriate funding, we believe the FAA will do a good job enforcing these important new security regulations," Atkinson said.

Northwest Airlines outsources a portion of its aircraft maintenance work to foreign repair stations in Singapore, mainland China and elsewhere. A report from Philippine intelligence concluded that Singapore remains "a perfect target" for terrorist attacks against American businesses, despite the foiling of Al Qaida-related plots that included a planned attack on the international airport, and spying by a senior aircraft mechanic.

"Naturally, we are concerned about job security for our members. Any airline receiving multiple rounds of federal aid since 9-11 should feel morally obligated to keep jobs here at home, rather than sending this work to foreign repair stations," Atkinson said. "But beyond that, we are very concerned about security at foreign aircraft repair stations, especially in Singapore and China. Without the regulations outlined in the pending legislation, the security risks are inherently greater when work is performed in these locations on aircraft that are used to fly Americans and others in the U.S. and around the world."

Local 33 Press Release:

Sept. 4, 2002

CONTENT:

Press Release Source: AMFA Local 33

Northwest Mechanics Interviewed by U.S. Department of Transportation on Security at Foreign Aircraft Repair Stations
Wednesday September 4, 8:00 am ET

MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 4, 2002--Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) Local 33, serving Northwest and Mesaba Airlines, today said the U.S. Department of Transportation interviewed union officials last week as part of a review of security at aircraft repair stations located outside the United States.
Earlier this year, the Department of Transportation's Office of Inspector General announced plans to conduct a review to determine if foreign repair stations "have controls in place to provide adequate security for aircraft and repair facilities."

Jim Atkinson, AMFA Local 33 legislative liaison, said the interviewer seemed very interested in the union's perspective. Union officials have questioned whether heightened security regulations enacted by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) are being rigorously applied to workers at foreign repair stations. In December 2001, the TSA mandated fingerprint-based criminal background checks for about one million U.S. employees, including Northwest aircraft mechanics, who work in secure areas of U.S. airports. In January, a suspected Al-Qaida agent arrested in Singapore turned out to be a senior aircraft repair technician employed by the same company Northwest uses to repair its DC-10 jets.

The union also has criticized Northwest for cutting costs by sending U.S. aircraft maintenance jobs to the overseas facilities after September 11, while accepting more than $500 million in federal relief money.

"We believe it's morally wrong for Northwest to send these American jobs overseas," Atkinson said. "Any airline receiving aid from 9-11 should feel obligated to keep jobs here at home. This is needed to spur the economy. We have also been concerned whether foreign workers are subjected to the same security measures as American workers. For this reason, we are happy to see this ongoing audit by the Department of Transportation."

Local 33 Press Release:

Jan. 11, 2002

CONTENT:

Press Release
SOURCE: AMFA Local 33
Northwest Mechanics' Concerns About Foreign Repairs Increase After Militants Target American Businesses in Singapore

MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 11, 2002--Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) Local 33, serving Northwest Airlines, today said its concerns about security at foreign repair stations increased following recent news reports that militants with suspected ties to the al Qaeda terrorist network were targeting American businesses in Singapore. Northwest has been transferring a growing portion of its skilled maintenance work to low-cost, privately operated foreign repair stations in Singapore and the People's Republic of China.

Earlier this week, CNN reported that the Singapore government had ``broken up a network of militants targeting the U.S. embassy and American businesses after arresting 15 people with suspected links to Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda group.'' The report said that following the arrests, ``security around certain embassies and other sensitive areas in Singapore has been tightened.''

AMFA Local 33 legislative liaison Jim Atkinson said Northwest currently plans to transfer responsibility for repairing Northwest's DC-10 aircraft line to a private repair station in Singapore, a move that would also bring the loss of 67 additional jobs in Minneapolis-St. Paul.

Union officials have criticized the airline for continuing to send U.S. aircraft maintenance jobs overseas after September 11, while accepting more than $400 million in federal relief money. They also questioned whether heightened security regulations enacted by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) are being applied to workers at the foreign repair stations. In December, the FAA mandated fingerprint-based criminal background checks for about one million U.S. employees, including aircraft mechanics, who work in secure areas of U.S. airports.

``We don't like losing more of our jobs to lower-paid foreign workers, but the issue here is bigger than that,'' Atkinson said. ``Northwest assures us that the foreign repair stations comply with U.S. regulations. For the sake of the flying public, which includes our families, we want assurance that the security regulations governing these foreign operations are just as strict as the ones governing us here, including the fingerprint background checks.''

TWU CLAIMS AMFA HAS BEEN ON THE SIDELINES ON THIS ISSUE.

THE ABOVE PRESS RELEASES PROVE OTHERWISE!

twuer said:
I'm still waiting for that signed amfa card by Mr. Zerm, Bob and Informer.

You weren't lying about the card were you???
:shock:
March 31, 2003

James C. Little

Administrative Vice President, Air Transport Division

Transport Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO

1791 Hurstview Dr.

Hurst, Texas 76054

Re: Summary of the 2003 Contract changes

This will confirm our understanding reached during the negotiations leading up to the agreement signed on (DOS), 2003. During these negotiations, we discussed many changes intended to achieve sustained long-term financial relief from the current provisions of the TWU labor agreements. This letter is intended to recap the majority of the agreed upon changes. Changes are listed by Title groups: I (Mechanics and Related), II (Facilities, Automotive, Cabin Cleaners, Utility and Building Cleaners), III (Fleet Service), IV (Fuelers), V (Stock Clerks), T/S (Technical Specials), Disp (Dispatch), Metro (Meteorologists), Sim Techs (Simulator Technicians) and Instrs (Ground School and Pilot Instructors).

Pay Related

Effective May 1, 2003:

§ Base wage pay reduction, varying percentages (all groups)

§ Elimination of all longevity pay(I & II)

§ Modified longevity pay, start after 17 years, current rates (III, IV, V,T/S)

§ Reduced Sim Tech Coordinator premium by $.75/hour

§ Reduced Sim Tech Skill pay to $.10/hour

§ Reduced Pilot Simulator Instructors premium to $10.00/month

§ Reduced Ground School/Pilot Simulator Instructors standardization coordinator pay to $150.00/month

§ Reduced Pilot/Simulator Instructors work unit experience premium

§ Modified shift differential to $.01, $.02, $.03 (I, II, III, V, T/S, Sim Techs)

§ Elimination of weekend differential (I, II, V, at AFW, TUL, MCI)

§ Elimination of midnight skill retention premium (Sim Techs)

§ Training pay at straight time for off shift and day off (I, II)

§ Elimination of penalty lunch payment (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Elimination of OT meal allowance (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S)

§ Penalty hours pay for actual time worked @ 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S)

§ Reduce OT rate from 2x to 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Work 40 hrs to reach OT rate for day off overtime (III, V)

§ Elimination of debrief pay (T/S)

§ Elimination of Stock Clerk driver premium

§ Elimination of AMT premiums when displacing OSM employee

§ Elimination of Early Call-In guarantees (I, II, III, IV)

§ Elimination of short turn penalty due to shift bids (Art 21 d) (III, IV)

§ Elimination of CC premium when not working as CC (III,V)

Work Rules/ Other changes and effective dates:

Effective April 15, 2003:

§ Combine Systems/Structures into Generals (Title I)

§ Added 7 day labor loan provision (Bases only)

§ Increased AMT productivity through multiple work assignments/training

§ Holidays reduced from 10 to 5. The five (5) observed holidays will be: New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day (all groups)

o Holidays- 5 days with roll @ 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S, Sim Techs)

o Holidays- 5 days (no roll) @ 1.5x (Disp, Metro, Instrs)

Effective May 1, 2003

§ Reduce annual SK accrual to 5 days @ 100% (all except I & II)

§ Reduce annual SK accrual to 5 days, 1st two at 50% (I & II)

Effective May 3, 2003

§ 4/10s at Overhaul docks/TUL, duration of agreement

Effective within sixty (60) days of ratification:

§ Outsource RON/Ultraclean (II/III)

§ One time System protection credit for headcount reductions realized from work rule changes (all groups except Metro)

Effective thirty (30) days from ratification:

§ Reduce uniform provisioning and eliminate laundering (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Outsource stores function at HDQ (6 Stock Clerks)

§ Relocate 4 Stock Clerks at ORD/GEM to ORD/M & E hanger

Effective as soon as practicable after DOS:

§ Change work schedule to 5 on, 2 off (T/S)

§ Reduced VC accrual one week (all groups)

§ Modify Crew Chief ratios:

AMT- 1:11.5

FSC- 1:9

Fuelers- eliminated ratio

Stores- 1:12

Benefits:

§ Medical & Dental plan modifications (all groups) Effective 1/1/04

§ SLOA Benefit Coverage reduced from 24 to12 months (all groups)

Effective 5/01/03

§ Eliminate STD Plan (all groups) Effective 1/1/04

§ Discontinue subsidized medical benefits RIF’d employees (all groups)

Effective 4/15/03

§ Modify IOD to 10 days (all groups) Effective 5/01/03 with the following transition:

o If the injury was incurred prior to 4/15/03, remaining applicable salary continuation through the end of the month up to the current 80 days

o If the injury is incurred on 4/15/03 or before 4/30/03, salary continuation for 10 days up to the current 80 days

o If the injury is incurred after 5/01/03, salary continuation for 10 days

Sincerely,

James B. Weel

Managing Director

Employee Relations

Agreed to this date:

James C Little

Transport Workers Union, AFL-CIO

Attached Image

Attachments

• procompany01.jpg
    procompany01.jpg