TWU Local 512 layoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bagsmasher

http://local512.twuatd.org/
Some layoff numbers are posted under HOT NEWS of the 512 website. As usual, the spoke stations are being screwed, by trying to get them all to 50% Part Time jobs. Compare that to DFW which has 120 P/T to 2500 F/T.
I guess if you work in a spoke, you have little to no protection, just ask Mr. Kasher.

Mr. Kasher neither negotiated nor voted on your contract language.

It is the TWU that you should be targeting your frustration.

You are correct. I am disgusted with AA and Carty (for starting this fiasco), the TWU (for not protecting us), and Kasher (for interpreting his way around our contract).

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/3/2002 7:30:50 AM bagsmasher wrote:

You are correct. I am disgusted with AA and Carty (for starting this fiasco), the TWU (for not protecting us), and Kasher (for interpreting his way around our contract).
----------------
[/blockquote]
Aloha bagsmasher,

You dont like the company you work for. You dont like your boses. You dont like your union. Dont you think its time for you to move on.

You appear to be a very unhappy person. Is there anything that you are happy about?

ALOHA, 007

Aloha bagsmasher,

You dont like the company you work for. You dont like your boses. You dont like your union. Dont you think its time for you to move on.

You appear to be a very unhappy person. Is there anything that you are happy about?

ALOHA, 007

Ok, looks like you TWA people are twisting the meaning of my posts again. I never said I dislike AA, only the TWALLC part of it. I never said I had any problem with my bosses, I get along just fine with local management. You are right that I don't like my union though. They lied to us, and could not do the job they are paid to do, which is protect it's members. Yes it is time for me to move on, that is why I am preparing for my next career, hoping AA doesn't go under before I'm ready. And no, I'm not an unhappy person, but would be a lot better had this whole TWA fiasco never happened. I place most of the blame on Carty, who thought that throwing money at employees would create a culture at AA. Then he goes right out and tries this buyout, which puts TWAer's in front of AAer's on the seniority lists. NOT a good way to create culture. If I could just see some VALUE in TWA, I think I would feel better about the purchase. Carty saw it, Mr. Kasher saw it, I have a problem seeing it.

Aloha bagsmasher,

bags:
Ok, looks like you TWA people are twisting the meaning of my posts again. I never said I dislike AA..or have a problem with my bosses...

How am I, twisting the meaning, of the word, disgusted, as in, Im disgusted with AA & Carty. Isnt Carty your boss and isnt AA, well, AA? Webster defines disgusted as a sickening dislike. Sorry if I missed your point. It did sound like you were whinning again.

ALOHA, 007

I can see the halo around TWAFA007's head from here. I think the thing to remember is we all are a bunch of Airline junkies. We obviously love the airline business or we wouldn't be listing our opinions here. We get enough grief from the flying public can we at least give each other a little break here? Ok off my soap box now.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/4/2002 6:25:26 AM TWAFA007 wrote:

It did sound like you were whinning again.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Maybe because he was?

Bags - you obviously feel that the buyout hurt you personally. Would you care to elaborate on why? Is it simply because there are a bunch of ex-TWA employees now senior to you in maintenance at MCI? How exactly has that caused you harm? Without the buyout, there would not have been nearly as many positions at MCI. You now have opportunities to rise in the ranks that you didn't have at MCI before. Sure there are people in those jobs now, but I don't see how that has hurt you. Would you care to elaborate for my benefit, rather than just continuously making everyone else miserable with your constant complaints?

You know, you can always transfer out to AFW or some place like that where you'll never have to see an ex-TWA employee again. I'm sure everyone would be happier.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/4/2002 10:08:24 AM lownslow wrote:

You know, you can always transfer out to AFW or some place like that where you'll never have to see an ex-TWA employee again. I'm sure everyone would be happier.
----------------
[/blockquote]

What about the people at the station he transfers to? We have enough of that at AFW, so find somewhere else!

Hey!! You guys leave poor old bags alone! Dont you know this is a very theraputic outlet for his paranoid neurousis. Please let bags be bags and realize that he will never change or relent. He's really a great guy that just has some issues and belive me he expreses the feeling and concerns of a few others at AA. It's nothing personal!!~!!

I read where a system wide seniority has been published on October 1st, and should be distributed soon. I'll bet a lot of AAer's mouths drop to the floor when they see how many TWAer's just went ahead of them on the seniority list.

We recieved a copy of the system wide seniority list dated October 1st, and couldn't find one TWAer on it. It had spaces for the different occupational dates a TWaer might have depending on location, but they were all blank. I started looking for a 600,000 series employee number, but didn't see any. The print was as small as the new contract book, so it was hard to read. I'll look through it more, but it looks like a big screw up to me.
Also there is a rumor going around that they will be announcing another round of layoffs for January that is much bigger than the current layoff that is going on now. None of the 6 guys getting laid off at MCI have recieved any written notice yet, but they are saying the layoffs will be effective Nov. 2nd, so they should hear soon.

Bags- Ditto here at JFK; Rumors abound but no letters yet. Our System-wide senority list has all the LLCers listed by 4/10-25%-100%, they're found on the last section, but they are there.

Keep us posted.

Our bottom 6 FTer's got their layoff packets today and yesterday. 3 AAer's and 3 TWAer's. There are still 5 or 6 TWAer's FT that aren't getting laid off.
What the TWU is telling us is that the AAer's are system protected, but the layoffs are going strictly by occupational seniority only. If there is a non-protected employee ahead of you, and you have system protection, you can bump that person out even though they have more time than you. So remember that when you place your choices on the bump sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.