U out of bankruptcy on Monday

----------------
On 3/28/2003 9:31:07 PM geo1004 wrote:

pitguy, that is unfair.

Dave has done the best job with what he had to work with.
----------------​

What a joke!
Dave has done nothing but go to a bankruptcy judge and tell him what he wants and with the stroke of a pen Dave got his wish. Come Monday Dave''s not going to have that luxury.

With load factors hitting all time lows and a less than happy work force Dave''s going to have his hands full, that''s when were going to see what he''s made of.

Wow. All those sour grapes.

Frankly, Siegel and the team have done a good job of getting the company to where it is today - folks are much more likely to look at UAL as the carrier to bite the dust.

Oh well. Vinegar will always be vinegar; fine wine will hopefully age into even finer wine.

I''m off now - got to deal with the newborn who decided to grace us with his presence on Monday......

ITRADE:

Congratulations on the New Born. Sleep when you can. The best part is having the baby fall asleep on your shoulders while lying down on the sofa. Enjoy.

LAV MAN:

You should check out the web site www.daveramsey.com He is a financial advisor with sound concrete financail advice. He advocates no debt and in that way you have control of you finances. In some respescts I wish I had followed his advice early on because our house should have been paid for by now, but we have never used debt other than our mortgage. So before you file BK get some advice.

I am releived that the Company is out of BK, hopefully on Monday.

I am still mourning what everyone has lost, but still greatful that for now there is still a job. It gives everyone time to sort out their future - with or without USAirways. I am also not naive enough to think there will not be more changes at the Company and perhaps more restructuring. I hope that the Company keeps PIT as a base, but having been through the closing of the West Coast operations I know our long term future will most likely mean a move.

But for now plan for the worst, hope for the best and perhaps reality will fall some where in the middle.

Quitters never win and winners never quit, but those who never win and never quit are idiots.

(see www.despair.com)

KJB

ITRADE, congrats on the new little one!!

ALL US EMPLOYEES, congrats on making it through the BK process. Yeah, it''s totally sucked. But, hey.... there''s still a US today

----------------
On 3/28/2003 9:31:07 PM geo1004 wrote:

pitguy, that is unfair.

Dave has done the best job with what he had to work with. The REALITY is that if all of US''s employees continued to be compensated the way they were 12 months ago, US would NOT be here today - the company would have been liquidated in chap. 7, broken up and sold, and nobody would have a job. The mentality that all these cutbacks and reduction in workforce were un-neccesary and "Dave''s fault" are quite simply misguided and wrong. These are horrible times for the airline industry but to place the blame on Dave''s shoulders is bogus.

----------------​
You hit the nail right on the head!
We are all lucky to still have a job in this business
you all better jump down on the ground,and hang on to the Grass.The ride ain"t over yet.

Latest posts