Ua To Dump Mesa As Express Carrier?

The Gopher

Advanced
Jun 28, 2004
Co-worker saw on the aca-lounge.com website that US Airways wants to dump Mesa as an express carrier. Also some rumblings about UA doing the same, as their contract is amendable at any time. I saw that for Frontier, Mesa had about a 52% completion factor, which is horrible.

I guess that shows you get what you pay for.

I don't think that AWA can dump Mesa for about 2 years. They have a contract and you know Mesa is not going to break it. Mesa could have plans to break away like INDYAIR due to US and UA both having finacial difficulties. Just my thoughts.......

Hey Gopher:

Would you place this same message on the US Airways Forum. I'd like to see the replies.

The Gopher said:
Co-worker saw on the aca-lounge.com website that US Airways wants to dump Mesa as an express carrier. Also some rumblings about UA doing the same, as their contract is amendable at any time. I saw that for Frontier, Mesa had about a 52% completion factor, which is horrible.

[post="169665"][/post]​

Mesa operations represent the very lowest denominator in the airline business. They only exist because they are the lowest bidder. Unfortunately US and UA are finding that out the hard way, by driving their passengers away with Mesa's horrible service and performance.

ABOUT 2-3 MONTHS AGO ON THE MESA HOTLINE ,THEIR CEO ADDRESSED THE MANY QUESTIONS FROM HIS EMPLOYEES ABOUT WHAT WIIL MESA DO IF US SHUTS DOWN . ... AS A 22YR US EMP WHO PUTS UP WITH MESA ON A DAILY BASIS., I FOUND THIS SOMEWHAT AMUSING. THE SERVICE RELATED PROBLEMS AT US ARE PRIMARILY CAUSED BY MESA'S DECLINING AND DEPLORABALE SERVICE LEVELS.
IT SEEMS DAVE SEIGEL COULDN'T GIVE THEM ROUTES FAST ENOUGH AND AS A RESULT THEY HAVE MUCH ,MUCH MORE THAN THEY CAN HANDLE. I DON'T HAVE TO TELL ANYONE AT UA ABOUT THEIR PERFORMANCE. SO HERE WE HAVE MESA EMPLOYEES SCARED ABOUT THEIR FUTURE IN THE EVENT US FOLDS, WHILE AT THE SAME TIME THEY'RE THE ONES CONTRIBUTING THE MOST TO OUR DEMISE.

PERHAPS ALFRED E. NEWMAN IS RUNNING MESA....WHAT? ME RUN AIRLINE.......

AND DON'T FOREGT WHAT MESA STANDS FOR....
Make
Everyone
Sit
Around or Mainenance Every Single Airplane

Unless Mesa wants out, I don't see either UA or US dumping the codeshare relationship. Without another carrier to replace all of the lost flights (especially with US), too much revenue would be lost.

Hello Newman said:
THE SERVICE RELATED PROBLEMS AT US ARE PRIMARILY CAUSED BY MESA'S DECLINING AND DEPLORABALE SERVICE LEVELS.
SO HERE WE HAVE MESA EMPLOYEES SCARED ABOUT THEIR FUTURE IN THE EVENT US FOLDS, WHILE AT THE SAME TIME THEY'RE THE ONES CONTRIBUTING THE MOST TO OUR DEMISE.

Now this is some funny s$it!!!!. While I will agree Mesa's performace is not where it needs to be (98% completion factor last week and was never even close to 52%

Hello Newman said:
THE SERVICE RELATED PROBLEMS AT US ARE PRIMARILY CAUSED BY MESA'S DECLINING AND DEPLORABALE SERVICE LEVELS.
SO HERE WE HAVE MESA EMPLOYEES SCARED ABOUT THEIR FUTURE IN THE EVENT US FOLDS, WHILE AT THE SAME TIME THEY'RE THE ONES CONTRIBUTING THE MOST TO OUR DEMISE.

Now this is some funny s$it!!!!. While I will agree Mesa's performance is not where it needs to be (98% completion factor last week and was never even close to 52% for any code share) we are far far far from the main reason for U problems. This has to be one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard in my life. To top it off Mesa has much better #'s then both U WO RJ carriers PSA and MDA. Much better. What do you say about that NEWMAN?

As for many of the problems at United. Go to the new "G" gates in IAD and you will see many of Mesa's problems. It's mass ciaos. It has to be the worst run hub station I have ever seen (and not Mesa run). That my friends is not Mesa fault. An hr to get a release. 30 minutes for fuel. 25 minutes to get a push back crew. This is every day on every leg. You try and run an on time operation with this level of incompetence.

Last but not least. Mesa isn't going anywhere in regards to both U or UA. We have long term contracts with both (both expire after 2011) and would cost hundreds of millions of dollars to break. Ain't going to happen folks, no matter how much you want it to. I promise you we (pilots) are doing every thing we can to make our operation run smother and I have to say that I hope your upper managments are putting pressure on JO to get the airline properly staffed. (with our growth slowing should be happing slowly) If that happens things will remarkably improve out in the field. -Cape

Capecod,

I think that the jist of this thread is that at Mesa you get what you pay for. MESA is the lowest bidder and therefore cant or provide the type of service that is needed. Dont blame U for poor service at out stations when it is most likely Mesas fault for agreeing to the outsourced support. HMMM, outsourcing seems to have a familiar ring now doesnt it. Cant Blame Mesa either because this is the same phenemonomnomomunm that all the other Major airlnes are facing with their outsourced flying.

The truth of the matter is that RJ flying is exensive and it is subsidized by the major carrier. That is Fact. Take awy the subsidies ad you do not makemoney. Snce the product is at itslowest anyway, service and support goes ut the windw and hence the blame. Nice prety jet you fly but still not as cost effective as JBLU or SWA. Even Independance Air has jumped on the Airbus wagon, why? No more subsidies and to get better ASM's you need more passengers per ASM.

Sorry but service sucks at Mesa, Air wisconsin, Chataqua, Trans states and Eagle.
Just a way of life.

The Gopher said:

[post="169665"][/post]​

Gopher,

The former CEO of US Airways did a lot to funnel everything he could to his close personal friend at Mesa. But with "Dave" gone it looks like Ornstein will have to make it on his own when the contract is up.

The current financial situations at United and UAIR may very well force them to deal with the devil for now even though they know it is putting a hurting on performance figures.

Since the deal Mesa made with UAIR was made on "DAVES" watch, and the only people to profit from it seem to be in the CEO club, I can't wait for United and UAIR to slam the door on Mesa.

linemech.

Latest posts