UAL Faces Delay in Chapter 11 Exit

Just Plane Crazy said:
They are a partner in STAR and a big contributor to UA's domestic network. They are also close to LH. Not every one looks at UA as bad as you do and US investors. Just because they don't code share it dosn't mean that they are not willing to invest. Does SQ code share with any one? It is their way of doing business. They invest and buy and they don't follow every ones elses way of doing business. And look they are better of than any of the US carriers. They had their share of problems too but they are better off.
Wow, you are WAY off base re: SQ. First, SQ codeshares with LH, AC, and NZ, so they DO cooperate with carriers they deem to be worthy of carrying their code. They weren't even willing to do a domestic codeshare with UA when they were flying into CHICAGO of all places! When SQ sells domestic interline flights in conjunction with their flights, they do not give a strong preference to UA flights over the flights of AA or DL. Furthermore, DL's frequent flyers have better access to SQ award inventory than the FFs of United, even though UA is the Star partner.

Besides, given the NZ and VS debacles, which played a large factor in the downfall of SIA's previous Chairman, SQ has learned its lesson when it comes to investing in struggling carriers. And with all due respect, if SQ wants to make another airline investment, I can think of numerous Star and non-Star carriers more worthy of SIA's money than United.

USA320Pilot said:
From my perspective, it would be in US Airways' best interests to divest itself of any relationship with United
From MY perspective it would be in United Airlines employees best interests to divest themselves of this bitter, looking for no good, hateful wind bag.

"Respectfully"

Laura62

:shock: A certain surplussed Captain who is now a very junior First Officer is in no position to claim status as a stock analyst, or a management insider at one of UAL's code share partners. Quite simply UAL is awaiting the resolution of the pension legislation. After that the ATSB will provide a ruling. The court will hand down decisions on retiree medical benefits, Municipal bonds, and 1110 arguments will conclude. Then a plan of reorganization will be filed. A 60 day period will then follow where the plan is argued and approved by the court.

BTW - ACA is not asking to be let out of its agreement with UAL, it is asking to have a minimum 90 day notice prior to having the overwhelming majority of it's revenue stream cut off.

I am new here, but I look forward to de spinning a lot of the very skewed opinions of the former captain - little c intentional.

JB Guppy

jbguppy said:
:shock: A certain surplussed Captain who is now a very junior First Officer is in no position to claim status as a stock analyst, or a management insider at one of UAL's code share partners. Quite simply UAL is awaiting the resolution of the pension legislation. After that the ATSB will provide a ruling. The court will hand down decisions on retiree medical benefits, Municipal bonds, and 1110 arguments will conclude. Then a plan of reorganization will be filed. A 60 day period will then follow where the plan is argued and approved by the court.

BTW - ACA is not asking to be let out of its agreement with UAL, it is asking to have a minimum 90 day notice prior to having the overwhelming majority of it's revenue stream cut off.

I am new here, but I look forward to de spinning a lot of the very skewed opinions of the former captain - little c intentional.

JB Guppy
Welcome to the club! :D

jbguppy said:

JB Guppy
Welcome aboard, JB Guppy. B)

Good to have another warrior in the "de-spinning" war. :up:

Back