UAL goes AMFA,....is AA next?

Hey!
You could leave this one, and you''d be half way there!!!!!

RV4 could leave, and .... 2 halves make a whole! right?

Problem solved!

----------------
On 7/14/2003 2:00:20 PM AAviator wrote:

RV4 is on the wrong property!!!
http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/030714/airlines_un...echanics_2.html

----------------​
Wrong property or wrong Union?

That will be the coming question now for all Maint & Related at AA.
Should M&R be in a union that represents anybody or a union that is primarily focused on our Class and Craft?

What are the benifits of belonging to a catch all union vs a focused union?

Should we ask Pilots, Flight Attendants, Carpenters, Electricians and even the SEIU what their opinion is?

I think we shall see a petition for a vote at AA before the year is out!

I have to wonder will the IAM,TWU and IBT consolidate whats left of their ATDs or will they stubbornly try to maintain the completely ineffective staus quo?

Now they even have competition for the baggage handlers!

AMFA-UAL.jpg

----------------
On 7/14/2003 4:25:42 PM RV4 wrote:

FACT...

AMFA

Represents more Aircraft Mechanics than any other union!

----------------​
You scare me RV4. . really scare me!

The TWU supporters are so SPEECHLESS and WEAK, that they now can only resort to personal attacks. Funny thing is the Machinist and Welders are really the only workgroups left that are still living in fear of change, and the TWU supporters now showing their disrespect for even those workers by negative comments.

Quite funny when you stop and think about it! I will send my co-workers here to read what the TWU really thinks about their skills and profession.

Here is the official results, amfa received 39% of the eligible voters, This means 61% did not want amfa to represent them! Remember amfa will fail just like they did at NW. More layoffs to come at United, No more Heavy Maintenance in the near future! Stay tune for the saga. Unfortunately it also means 78% choose not to have No union representation.

ual-election-01.jpg

amfadave goes again only giving half-truths.

Bob Owens I see you are already moving the date back later in the year. I predict after 4 months of the card drive amfa will not make it in at AA! See! I give credit to the Membership at AA and believe they know the truth about amfa and Farmouts of Heavy Maintenance they are famous for!

TWU SOLIDARITY!

----------------
On 7/14/2003 7:32:29 PM Checking it Out wrote:

Here is the official results, amfa received 39% of the eligible voters, This means 61% did not want amfa to represent them! Remember amfa will fail just like they did at NW. More layoffs to come at United, No more Heavy Maintenance in the near future! Stay tune for the saga. Unfortunately it also means 78% choose not to have No union representation.

Well if we are going to use your twisted logic then the majority of the members did not vote for the concessions either.

It also means that the majority of the members did not want any of the 514 E-B either, or any of our EB for that matter.

How many votes did Jim Little or Gary Yingst get? Oh yea it does not matter what the members want.

Your logic is flawed and presumtuous. How can you say that 61% did not want AMFA. You can say that 61% did not vote for AMFA but you cant say that they did not want them, maybe some of they did, but they did not bother to vote, maybe some didnt care one way or another because they were laid off and dont plan on coming back, maybe some were so turned off by what they experienced that they did not want to be bothered with any union. There are loads of possibilities however your assertion is the least likely.

How did you come up with the 78% number? Still if 78% chose NOT to have NO union representation that should be a good thing, remember that thing in grade school about two negatives? "78% chose to have union representation" is what you have said when converted to English.

Bob Owens I see you are already moving the date back later in the year.

Moving the date?, I dont remember giving a date.

I predict after 4 months of the card drive amfa will not make it in at AA! See!

Well those numbers are moving pretty fast. They nearly have half of Title I already.

I give credit to the Membership at AA and believe they know the truth about amfa and Farmouts of Heavy Maintenance they are famous for!

TWU SOLIDARITY!

----------------​

----------------
On 7/14/2003 7:38:26 PM Checking it Out wrote:

amfa has allowed

more AMT Layoffs

than any other Union

or Association

Is This Something to be proud of?

----------------​
You best wait and see if Jim Little's begging of Arpey pays off before you make any more statements of that nature.

We have the PRE-Concession membership totals, let's wait until the dust all clears at AA before we go giving the concessions for jobs program high marks.