Ual In Trouble!. . . . .

I have another question.

The IAM is accusing the ATSB of playing politics.

While the mechanics at UAL have gone to AMFA, percentage wise UAL is still more AFL-CIO affiliated than any other airline. Their Pilots, Flight Attendants and 27000 IAM members are AFL-CIO. At AA most of our coworkers are not AFL-CIO affiliated.

So what is the AFL-CIO and the TWU doing to help them?

What kind of support are we willing to give them, or are we hoping to see UAL go out of business?

So tell us TWU supporters are you looking to see UAL liquidate and thousands of AFL-CIO members lose their jobs just to see AMFA members lose thier jobs so you can use that as an arguement to stay with the TWU?

Bob, you talk about average wages at AA being $15.

No that is not what I wrote. I wrote that the average TWU members earned $15/per hour. I've brought this up several times and if I did write AA instead of TWU please realize that it is easy to confuse the two.

What are the average wages at SWA? I mean include all those virtual SWA mechs that work at Timco, Tramco etc. They are doing the overhauls, so for a balanced picture they will have to be included; or don't count Tulsa's SRP/OSM shops when you talk amt pay.

Well the fact is that nobody spends more on outsourceing than AA despite the fact that AA has the lowest costs of all the majors for in house mechanics.

Personally I see Tulsa sold if AMFA ever gets in. Delle has set the precedent with NWA and UAL.

And what would stop the company from doing that now? Jim Little threatening to take "appropriate action"? If you recall I urged the members to reject the 2001 contract because the scope claus was insufficient.

j7915,

"Personally I see Tulsa sold if AMFA ever gets in. Delle has set the precedent with NWA and UAL."

You mean the precedent the iam set at UAL and NWA don't you? AMFA was NOT representing either airline's AMTs when the iam allowed the outsourcing of work.

I'm sure that when AMFA removes the twu this summer that Tulsa is safe because of the iron clad contract language we currently have? Or maybe AA will just make everyone at Tulsa part time because the twu let that kernel of positiveness stay in the contract.

Your continued support for this industrial union trying to act as if they care about our skilled profession is blinding. Your quoted post above is proof you fear the truth.