UAL Positive Cash Flow Beat Forcast

Ok...let's agree to disagree here. And I so disagree as you can probably tell. I'd love to see proof (credible source please) on the whole Arthur Andersen claim though...feel free to email me offline.

Don't get me wrong...I didn't love Clinton...I'm more of a moderate so I like to evaluate candidate by candidate regardless of party. I'm learning political debates can become fruitless and nasty because both sides refuse to consider the others and it resorts into more and more nasty name calling (i.e. rapist Clinton). I repect President Bush as our president, I just strongly disagree with much of what his administration is doing.

Ok...so are we all still friends? :)

Back to United.

Anyone know what's up with TPG? Also...did you all read that AA might have a tougher time with DIP because they are down to something like 2.9B in unemcumbered assets?

From a competitive standpoint, I really hope AA can avoid CH11 so that UA has a cost advantage they can't reach (they may come close) and that they're highly leveraged. (Not trying to be nasty to AA folks - I think you'd all like to avoid CH11 anyway).

A10HogDriver, you are so right the nations who are against taking action against S.H are the ones who
have major business ties to that country.The last time
France mobilized was when they sent the jews to nazi
germany to the gas chambers.they have absolutely no
standing at all.Democrats werent screaming for a un resolution when clinton went into kosovo.democrats (not all)are such hypocrites when it comes to this iraq situation.they just oppose anything bush does no matter what.thank god clinton or gore lieberman etc. were not
president when we were attacked.maybe they would conduct
a focus group study session.

Clinton sold us to the Chinese, Bush is selling us to 'The Elitists'...Vote independent for once, and it's possible that we might see special interests seem more objective. We vote where the money is....shame on us! It's apparent neither party understands macroeconomics anymore...
VOTE YOUR MIND IN '04!

If there is going to be more republicans in the further years I’m moving to Europe who sadly will be stronger then us Economically soon and obviously have better leaders.

All Bush has done is turn the World against us. Worsened an already weak economy, which I admit was already in place when Clinton left office. The Clinton & Monica deal should be dropped because in no way was the country's security ever compromised its was just the dumb republicans who need something to launch back at Democrats because they still had the wonderful WATERGATE scandal on their records. Personally it is really none of our business what’s goes on in the First Family, its not like it is the Osbournes.

I guess I better find a place in the UK.

PS- Guess who is turning there backs on us too, yeah that’s right the ever-faithful English. Good Job Bush!! Go PAM IORIO for Mayor of Tampa

Graham, Old Europe's economics are in the toilet. National work/holiday/pension/health care rules make UAL's old ones seem productive.

GrahamAT,

See Ya!! Wish I could help you pack. Don't write. We'll truely miss you.

Hello.

Well I started us down this political path - so let me apologize for distracting us from the real topic at hand.

I'm certain there are gazillions of political boards that we can post on.

I suggest we conclude the politico chat.

UAL #1 in 04!

[blockquote]
Graham, Old Europe's economics are in the toilet. National work/holiday/pension/health care rules make UAL's old ones seem productive.
[/blockquote]

The Olf Euorpe Economy no longer existed when the EU came about. The original reason for the EU was to merge all the Economic Powers of Europe together and make them somewhat a player in the world Economy. They never thought they would be stronger then us, but that is rapidly approaching because Bush pushed our economy further into the deep end.

Oh well I like the Underground.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/13/2003 10:12:53 PM GrahamAT wrote:

If there is going to be more republicans in the further years I’m moving to Europe who sadly will be stronger then us Economically soon and obviously have better leaders.

All Bush has done is turn the World against us. Worsened an already weak economy, which I admit was already in place when Clinton left office. The Clinton & Monica deal should be dropped because in no way was the country's security ever compromised its was just the dumb republicans who need something to launch back at Democrats because they still had the wonderful WATERGATE scandal on their records. Personally it is really none of our business what’s goes on in the First Family, its not like it is the Osbournes.

I guess I better find a place in the UK.

PS- Guess who is turning there backs on us too, yeah that’s right the ever-faithful English. Good Job Bush!! Go PAM IORIO for Mayor of Tampa

----------------

Now you are starting to sound like Alec Baldwin (remember how stupid he sounded?). If you think it's that bad here, go live in Europe. I'll pay for your standby ticket to get there. Just make sure it's one-way. Too bad you don't realize how great our Constitution and Bill of Rights is.
And I'm pretty sure gool ol' Alec is still a resident of the U.S. I guess Australia wouldn't take him.

ual-crewdesk-man: Just because one wishes to live elsewhere does not necessitate an equivalance with a Hollywood actor that made anti-incumbent remarks. For those of us for whom Europe is home we do quite nicely thank you. I live here yet have the opportunity to frequently work on projects in the U.S.. All countries have their strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately I see the American inability to see nuance as one of the weaknesses. Just because we like living where we do does not imply an inherent anti-americanism. All EU member nations have a democratically elected government. Just because they do not always agree with U.S. policy should not be a problem. Do we always have to agree? Is the right of free speech still extent?

GrahamAT: You will note in play an interesting dynamic with the European economies vis the U.S. What is probably most interesting in watching the Bush temper tantrum is that the E.U. is threatening to not help rebuild Iraq and letting the U.S. shoulder the burden. This will even further weaken the U.S. economy and stregthen (although not directly - another discussion) the hand of the E.U. It is a serious challange to the primacy of the U.S. economic position. Note that I do not necessarily endorse this move but the U.S. political position is so weak that the other countries will now go after the economy. Keep an eye on this.

Boomer,
You seem to take my remarks to assume that the attempts by other nations to isolate the effect of American economic influence are automatically the position which I support. This would be erroneous. A careful reading of my post would reveal merely an admonishment for GrahamAT to watch this interesting calculus play out. Who knows where it will lead? The enjoyment is in the observation. It is, although, a position that is gaining currency among other nations within the world community. As to the efficacy of this plan, that is to be debated.
It is perhaps as simple that the plan will run like clockwork. A war, a military governor, the disparite tribes of Iraq will fall into line, there will be no further conflict, troops are withdrawn within the next 25 years etc.. What I find interesting in the equation is that one assumes the capital to rebuild is totally self-contained within Iraq. What if SH destroys the entire oil production capability? This infrastructure will first need to be rebuilt before revenue can be generated. In the meantime the U.S. will pay for this. I hope than can get the revenue generators on line quickly.
Certainly the military govenor will deal out contracts like a Roman pro-consul. This "business" aspect would be best augmented by having an Iraqi ex-patriate by his side to lend credence to the claim that America did not invade merely for business reasons. Again, this is a preception problem that seems to bother the American foreign policy makers not a whit.
As for European contracts being canceled, you are correct. France and Germany will suffer mightly under this as business had been heretofore brisk. They may find markets though in selling missle and guidance technology to the Chineese just as did Loral and Boeing

Ukridge,
The move by the EU to "isolate" America during a Marshall Type plan for Iraq is nothing new, in fact we have several generations experience in rebuilding Europe after being forced into conflicts created therein.

As for this "isolation" movement weakening the American economy, you forget my English Friend that the rebuilding of Iraq will be "self-financed" as will the cost of the conflict.

The only "isolation" that will occur is the "isolation" of EU Construction and Energy Companies when the bids for the work are let out.

In addition, you should probably expect that any EU pre-conflict economic claims with respect to contracts signed with SHs' Regime will be considered "null and void" by the American Military Governor since all economic trade was forbidden due to UN Resolution.

All I have to say is - if you can't trust a guy with a bottle of liquor how can you trust him to run the country? The last fellow couldn't be trusted with a 20 year old intern behind a closed door, he was no better. Where do these clowns come from? They're all a bunch of posers. We better get Moses out of the white house and find us some real leadership - soon.