UAL the worst?

Joe Brancatelli aka whatkindoffreshhell

He's actually one of the few industry observers who's consistently published accurate articles about the industry. I would have to say you just don't like his message, understandably, I would add.

He's actually one of the few industry observers who's consistently published accurate articles about the industry. I would have to say you just don't like his message, understandably, I would add.

He screwed up simple facts, such as saying that UAL has five different narrow-body types (737-300/-500/757-200/A319/A320) and Southwest only one (737).
One can't count series for one airline and aircraft types for the other!
It's either UA operating the five listed and Herb operating three (737-300/-500/-700), OR UA three (737/757/A320 series) and Herb one!

Other a minor misstatement about a/c types/models which comprised one sentence out of the whole article, did Mr. Brancatelli write anything that was not true? That's what you should be concerned about.

Other a minor misstatement about a/c types/models which comprised one sentence out of the whole article, did Mr. Brancatelli write anything that was not true? That's what you should be concerned about.

Sorry, ANYTHING on that abortion that is MSNBC is suspect...

He wrote that Continental and US Airways rejected United's merger efforts. UAL told US Airways thank you but no thank you in Chicago over lunch between Tilton and Parker. Looks like a lie to me but maybe only a fib.

He wrote that Continental and US Airways rejected United's merger efforts. UAL told US Airways thank you but no thank you in Chicago over lunch between Tilton and Parker. Looks like a lie to me but maybe only a fib.

Please publish the facts to support that statement.

Here is an article to support that statement.

US Airways-United deal called dead
By Dawn Gilbertson, The Arizona Republic
US Airways CEO Doug Parker went to Chicago Thursday with hopes of keeping merger talks with United alive. But his sales pitch apparently wasn't enough.

During a lunch meeting, United CEO Glenn Tilton told Parker the Chicago-based airline didn't want to proceed after three months of discussions, according to two people close to the negotiations who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Tilton cited several risks to the potential pairing, including labor opposition, antitrust issues and record fuel prices that have plunged the industry into a financial crisis some believe will top the fallout from the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

United "decided it doesn't make sense for now," one of the sources said.

It is the second time in two years the Arizona-based airline's efforts to merge have failed. Last year, Delta and its creditors rejected US Airways' hostile takeover offer.

Delta recently announced plans to merge with Northwest, one factor that prompted the talks between United and US Airways and, earlier, United and Continental.

A combined US Airways and United would have rivaled a married Delta-Northwest for largest airline.

In the wake of the collapsed talks, one of the sources said there is a feeling at US Airways that they were strung along by United.

Labor groups from both airlines will likely cheer the news.

US Airways' pilots and flight attendants said they opposed the second merger when the first, between America West and US Airways, isn't completed

He screwed up simple facts, such as saying that UAL has five different narrow-body types (737-300/-500/757-200/A319/A320) and Southwest only one (737).

Point here being.......

UAL has to stock parts and train personal for 3 different aircraft, and WN 1. Sure the 735 and the 737 are similar they are not the same as a 319 or 320. Which WN doesn't have.

Back