Ukrainian 737-800 crashes on take-off in Iran

One news story said a ground video from a civilian captured one of the engines on fire before impact. I'm not speculating on the reason for the engine fire or crash. The investigation will determine that.

So why are they refusing to send the Black Boxes to Boeing? Is there now a trust issue with Boeing and their current troubles? Will the FAA be able to get the Boxes?
I found it a bit odd in the news release this morning that said they were refusing to send the Boxes to Boeing.
A 3 yr old 800. Not good.

So why are they refusing to send the Black Boxes to Boeing? Is there now a trust issue with Boeing and their current troubles? Will the FAA be able to get the Boxes?
I found it a bit odd in the news release this morning that said they were refusing to send the Boxes to Boeing.
I personally think it was shot down or bombed. Per a radar site it was on course. Climbing. Speed steady. No distress. No emergency. If thats true bout 1 engine on fire its capability to fly on one engine. UIA stopped all Tehran flights following this. Makes us wonder

Ever heard of doing something for spite. Iran doesn't really have a reason for not turning them over to Boeing other than Boeing is a U.S. manufacturer. If Iran analyzes the black box data, we may never know what the truth is. For all we know Iran could say black box data indicates left engine fell off the plane on takeoff. Now, since you (Boeing and U.S. FAA) don't have access to the boxes or the remains of the aircraft, what are you going to say? After all the 737-800 was the model that had the cracks in the wing and wing attachment.

I love a good cover-up. Black box would have captured all the diagnostics as well as impact noises...

Iran's defense forces were likely on high alert because of their impending missile launch and the likelihood of retaliatory strikes.

It's entirely possible someone didn't realize this was a commercial airliner and they put a SAM or RPG into the engine.

I personally think it was shot down or bombed. Per a radar site it was on course. Climbing. Speed steady. No distress. No emergency. If thats true bout 1 engine on fire its capability to fly on one engine. UIA stopped all Tehran flights following this. Makes us wonder
I with ya on the guess of being shot down. Saw this morning where inward penetrating holes are now a big concern. These same holes were found on the other shot down aircraft. And now just saw the Pres address questions and he too thinks it's more than just mechanical failure.

May those 176 souls RIP.

Swamt when the pics first came about i noticed holes in the tail n fuselage. Not to mention no mayday call. Quick on iran to say technical n or eng failure. I do not know a engire or technical issue bringing a plane down 2 min into flight led me to believe right away missile or bomb

Just heard on the TV news that U.S. authorities are leaning toward "shot down" as the cause of the crash. Iranis are sticking to "technical problems." Well, yeah! Holes in the fuselage are bound to cause all kinds of technical problems. I see that and I'm only a flight attendant.

The "shot down" verdict didn't seem to include any implication of "for hostile purposes." I suppose there is a chance that the plane flew through a barrage of missiles or other weaponry firing.

Just heard on the TV news that U.S. authorities are leaning toward "shot down" as the cause of the crash. Iranis are sticking to "technical problems." Well, yeah! Holes in the fuselage are bound to cause all kinds of technical problems. I see that and I'm only a flight attendant.

The "shot down" verdict didn't seem to include any implication of "for hostile purposes." I suppose there is a chance that the plane flew through a barrage of missiles or other weaponry firing.

I actually think that aircraft was taken for a fighter aircraft coming for the retaliation of IRAN launching the 16 rockets. So they (IRAN) naturally launched anti aircraft rockets as a defence. After all it was all just hours after the 16 missiles were launched.

There's now video available showing clear streaks heading up over Tehran, leading up to an explosion in the air.

It's a anti-aircraft missile induced engine failure... Iran is lucky there weren't any US citizens onboard.

Just announced. New communications have been found that IRAN knew they took down the airliner. Still "might" be an accident, but new communications do indicate that they do know it was an airliner. So now let's see where this all goes.
And BTW; I am a bit tired of hearing, "they better be glad there were no Americans on board." Well, what about the Canadians? The Ukrainian? And/or any other Nationalities that were on that aircraft? Wouldn't ya think that Canada and Ukrainian would want the same results as if there were American lives on board? Why would it be any different? It just wouldn't be America doing the response, as it should be. Let the other countries handle their own issues with IRAN. I'm tired of everyone looking at America to do something all the time. It's time for other countries to handle their own issues. America could simply support instead of taking the lead all the time.