Understaffing becoming very apparent

genejockey

Advanced
Aug 22, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Reservations must be feeling the pinch from layoffs. Severe understaffing will eventually result in passengers seeking other airlines. Has anyone compared U''s load factors to that of other airlines? Simply put,...unbelievable! Through the first 21 days of November LF=62.7%. Staffing at gates and ticket counters in many cases is absolutely embarassing, espesically in PHL. I had an evening flight last week (PHL-FLL). Four agents were at the 80 position ticket counter in PHL...FOUR. I overheard many conversations of disgust in the check-in line. One passenger even joked that U should changes its name to Echo Airlines. H-E-L-L-OOOOOOOOOO [BR][BR]From US Airways The Hub:[BR][BR][FONT face=Arial]Don''t Call Now[/FONT]
[DIV class=bodytext][FONT color=#000000 size=2]
[P class=bodytext align=left][FONT face=Arial]Reservations is asking for cooperation from all employees and space-available companion travelers to restrict companion or space-available travel inquiry calls to before 6 p.m. or after 10 p.m. to maximize revenue during high- volume call periods and ultimately better serve all US Airways customers.[/FONT][/P]
[P class=bodytext align=left][FONT face=Arial] (I think they actually meant to say before 6am or after 10pm)[/FONT][/P][/FONT][/DIV]

I have a friend that works in Res, when she clocked out on Tuesday there were 150 people on hold. How many time have you called a business and when put on hold get the message estimated wait time is.., I usually hang up when I get the message. How much money is the company really saving with the reduced manpower vs the customers lost??

At one point Fri morn there were 166 on hold according to my phone pad..most of the day calls on hold averaged between 50-90. This is becoming an everyday occurence,the call wait light is on early every day, used to not come on til after 9 am..and there was no weather related influx to blame either,just plain busy busy busy. Wait til the bad wx hits, and around Thanksgiving where staffing is reduced even more(gave about 100 off in res that day in one office), and bad wx expected part of that weekend. Can't wait.
Luckily I'm off. No OT for me baby.

I will vouch for res...friday night wait time to speak to the CSD desk late was 10 minutes. One can only hope the new schedule will take care of that, but from what I am understanding the CSD desk was hit hard with the furloughs that begin in Dec.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/23/2002 5:18:08 PM MCORORES wrote:

I will vouch for res...friday night wait time to speak to the CSD desk late was 10 minutes. One can only hope the new schedule will take care of that, but from what I am understanding the CSD desk was hit hard with the furloughs that begin in Dec.
----------------
Yes, on December 6th CSD will be less 22 agents here in PIT. On DEC 7th and 8th prior to the new bid starting they are asking for volunteers to cover since all those that are getting furloughed worked those days. Kinda glad I will not be there for all the fun!!!! Happy Holding!!!