Uniform Changes Necessary Already?

We only have 2 days until the first bag cutover. Should be interesting as the skycaps cannot collect money for this on the curb.
In regards to customer service work. It is their work and they should be the only ones doing it. My opinion only.

Guess long lines at counter in the next couple of weeks until the sandcastle reads the CBA and does nicey nice........

There is another issue to be addressed besides uniforms. The skycaps have been working this position for years and passengers are accoustomed to tipping for curbside check ins. There will be passengers who insist on trying to tip the CSA working out front. Accepting these tips is a violation of company policy and could lead to disciplinary actions. OTOH declining these tips may not always be possible and may be viewed as an insult to some individuals. My sugestion is to continue to allow those that insist on leaving a tip do so but have those tips be donated to a local charity. Collect them in a secure box with the notice on the box that the monies collected are going to such and such charity.

There is another issue to be addressed besides uniforms. The skycaps have been working this position for years and passengers are accoustomed to tipping for curbside check ins. There will be passengers who insist on trying to tip the CSA working out front. Accepting these tips is a violation of company policy and could lead to disciplinary actions. OTOH declining these tips may not always be possible and may be viewed as an insult to some individuals. My sugestion is to continue to allow those that insist on leaving a tip do so but have those tips be donated to a local charity. Collect them in a secure box with the notice on the box that the monies collected are going to such and such charity.
hahahhh let's photograph and airplane with a frowny face and a foreclosed sign on it an donate it to the "former legacy carriers turned low cost who are based in tempe and currently in the crapper fund"

My sugestion is to continue to allow those that insist on leaving a tip do so but have those tips be donated to a local charity. Collect them in a secure box with the notice on the box that the monies collected are going to such and such charity.

Our charity will be the "bag movers". Agents will not be handling bags on the curb in my station, only collecting funds, so if a tip is left it should go to the "bag movers" who used to be skycaps. However, at $17 a bag, I really dont expect too many people to be leaving money laying around on the counter outside any more. There will be a few, but not many...

While we're on this subject too, what are the interpretations of duties outside now. We've been told that the "bag movers" are no longer permitted to go to the car to assist with bags. They are to stand at the podium and only take tagged bags to the baggage belt. You could park in the rental lot and get a skycap to help you over with bags, but if you pull up curbside, we arent supposed to help with bags from the car. :blink: :blink: Did someone misinterpret the memo or is someone whacked (and locked in an office in Tempe with no clue?) :rolleyes: :ph34r:

Back