Union Leaders Knew of a Retention Agreement for Carty

j7915

Senior
Sep 7, 2002
----------------On 5/5/2003 1:07:45 PM buzzkill wrote: In a document that was sent to the leaders of the APFA, APA, and TWU on 4/1/03, the Union Leaders were told of a retention agreement for Carty. The document lays out Carty''s compensation changes, and says, "Carty has asked the AMR Board of Directors to defer a retention agreement payment from 2004 to 2005."

Wouldn''t any good union member who read this statement try to learn more about the retention agreement?----------------​

20/20 vision in the rear view mirror. You are talking about an agreement for Carty only, Crandall had similar arrangements.

Maybe the sums were not large enough to show up in the audit? ENRON screwed expert screwers, and no one saw it coming. The "good union members" had more on their minds than what is really chickenfeed. It was the moral issue that cost Carty his job, not the numbers.

In a document that was sent to the leaders of the APFA, APA, and TWU on 4/1/03, the Union Leaders were told of a retention agreement for Carty. The document lays out Carty''s compensation changes, and says, Carty has asked the AMR Board of Directors to defer a retention agreement payment from 2004 to 2005.

Wouldn''t any good union member who read this statement try to learn more about the retention agreement?

Please don''t assume that I mean anything more than to question why the Union leadership did not look into a retention bonus for Carty that they were notified about at a high level. If you had known that Carty was getting any sort of retention program before the vote, would it have changed a "yes" vote to a "no"? Wouldn''t you expect your leaders to immediately ask questions about the program?

"Buzzkill,

Great name. Wouldn''t any good Union leader who read that statement feel that his duty would be to pass this info to the membership? Or, did they hide it like Carty did to make sure the votes went his way? The more I hear the more I feel that Ward is in bed with AMR and is looking out for himself and not his members. The whole vote was a sham.

#9"
-------------

#9,

Exactly my question, 1) If retention bonuses were such a big deal, why didn''t the Union Leadership ask more question, and 2) Would union members have been swayed to vote differently, even with only this high level information that some sort of retention plan was in place?

----------------
On 5/5/2003 1:07:45 PM buzzkill wrote:

Wouldn''t any good union member who read this statement try to learn more about the retention agreement?

----------------​
Buzzkill,

Great name. Wouldn''t any good Union leader who read that statement feel that his duty would be to pass this info to the membership? Or, did they hide it like Carty did to make sure the votes went his way? The more I hear the more I feel that Ward is in bed with AMR and is looking out for himself and not his members. The whole vote was a sham.