Union Raps American Airlines Over Job, Salary Cuts

Could it be that AA management and the the twu are one and the same? I knew it!!!!

Yes everyone is out to get you. In fact, if you put the average union member in charge of AA the company would be profitable today. Arpey, the TWU leadership, Bush, and the Saudis have gotten together to destroy unions in the US. Oil really isn't at $48 a barrell, its really $24, management is just so stupid that they have demanded to pay twice the price to help support terrorism. Arpey is using it as a way to keep the middle class of America down so that he can quit with his Golden Parashute, when he and all 783 of AA's VPs all quit at the same time once every union member has either been laid off or is working at minimum wage.

Oneflyer said:
Yes everyone is out to get you. In fact, if you put the average union member in charge of AA the company would be profitable today. Arpey, the TWU leadership, Bush, and the Saudis have gotten together to destroy unions in the US. Oil really isn't at $48 a barrell, its really $24, management is just so stupid that they have demanded to pay twice the price to help support terrorism. Arpey is using it as a way to keep the middle class of America down so that he can quit with his Golden Parashute, when he and all 783 of AA's VPs all quit at the same time once every union member has either been laid off or is working at minimum wage.
[post="204472"][/post]​

This "oil whitehouse", which is close to the Saudis, is keeping the price up for two reasons. First, obviously to make huge profits. Second, to put economic pressure on the airlines to decimate employee compensation. This republican dominated government's ultimate fantasy is to destroy the middle class in this country. Bush is helping to keep the price high by using tax dollars to put oil in the strategic reserve, thus raising the demand for oil. When there is higher demand for a certain product, the price goes up.

aafsc said:
This "oil whitehouse", which is close to the Saudis, is keeping the price up for two reasons. First, obviously to make huge profits. Second, to put economic pressure on the airlines to decimate employee compensation. This republican dominated government's ultimate fantasy is to destroy the middle class in this country. Bush is helping to keep the price high by using tax dollars to put oil in the strategic reserve, thus raising the demand for oil. When there is higher demand for a certain product, the price goes up.
[post="204583"][/post]​

Let's get out the hip boots. This statement is surreal. We are fast becoming a nation of conspiracy theorists. When will it stop.

aafsc, oil is a fungible product. Releasing oil from the SPR doesn't necessarily mean that it gets used in the US. It simply gets added to total supply and the price gets set by the marginal consumer.

The price of Jet is dependent on both the supply of oil and refinery capacity. Have you seen any new refineries being built? And as for demand, this may come as a shock, but Asia is industrtializing and as it does, nations tend to consume above trend oil demand. The global economy has been growing reasonably fast for the past 2yrs.

I could go one, but logic doesn't seem to be what your interested. So go on and keep looking for those black helicopters.

The Drunken Duck said:
Let's get out the hip boots. This statement is surreal. We are fast becoming a nation of conspiracy theorists. When will it stop.

Probably when the Shrub cabinet stops turning their back on the little criminal, they are fleeing like rats from a sinking ship. The thing that scares conspiracy theorists most is that they all know those administration officials who are abandoning ship left and right are running away from something that they know, but the rest of America can only theorize about . . . for now.

We are now hearing the shrub speak about Iran, national security and weapons of mass destruction in the same sentence. Doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to figure that one out now does it.

Senator Kerry warned that if shrub was re-elected, either legally or not, that the draft would begin again as this white house has every intention of doing the same thing in Iran and North Korea that they did in Iraq.

This is why those "conspiracy" rumors just won't die, because so damn many of them from the past have come true.

The Drunken Duck said:

aafsc, oil is a fungible product. Releasing oil from the SPR doesn't necessarily mean that it gets used in the US. It simply gets added to total supply and the price gets set by the marginal consumer.

The price of Jet is dependent on both the supply of oil and refinery capacity. Have you seen any new refineries being built? And as for demand, this may come as a shock, but Asia is industrtializing and as it does, nations tend to consume above trend oil demand. The global economy has been growing reasonably fast for the past 2yrs.

I could go one, but logic doesn't seem to be what your interested. So go on and keep looking for those black helicopters.
[post="205951"][/post]​

I agree with you about Asia idustrializing rapidly and needing more oil. That is why I say that this country should start NOW building a hydrogen infrastructure. I read somewhere that it would cost $65 billion to equip this country with a hydrogen infrastruture. But people in government say it is too expensive. How much have we spent in Iraq? $150 billion and going up to $200 billion. At 150 billion we could have built a hydrogen infrastructure 2.5 times over. A company in Canada makes a machine that produces hydrogen ( I forgot the name but you can go to google and type in hydrogen power). All you need to make hydrogen is electricity and water. As far as aviation, I can't see why boeing or airbus can't develop an aircraft that operates on hydrogen instead of Jet A. I know the engineering challenges would be great but I think it could be done. It just seems to me that they want to keep us hooked on oil. With Asia industrializing rapidly, the price of oil will stay the same or rise. Therefore, it is in this country's best economic interests that we develop an alternative.

WingNaPrayer said:
Probably when the Shrub cabinet stops turning their back on the little criminal, they are fleeing like rats from a sinking ship. The thing that scares conspiracy theorists most is that they all know those administration officials who are abandoning ship left and right are running away from something that they know, but the rest of America can only theorize about . . . for now.

We are now hearing the shrub speak about Iran, national security and weapons of mass destruction in the same sentence. Doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to figure that one out now does it.

Senator Kerry warned that if shrub was re-elected, either legally or not, that the draft would begin again as this white house has every intention of doing the same thing in Iran and North Korea that they did in Iraq.

This is why those "conspiracy" rumors just won't die, because so damn many of them from the past have come true.
[post="205967"][/post]​

So true.

aafsc said:
As far as aviation, I can't see why boeing or airbus can't develop an aircraft that operates on hydrogen instead of Jet A. I know the engineering challenges would be great but I think it could be done.
[post="205969"][/post]​

Here's one possible reason why they're not interested....

3.jpg

Former ModerAAtor said:
Here's one possible reason why they're not interested....

3.jpg

[post="227398"][/post]​

:up: :up:

Mankind occasionally learns from earlier mistakes. 67 years now and counting and helium looks like the consensus choice for lighter than air travel.

Sure, jet A is volatile, but Hydrogen? B)

While Hydrogen may not be the answer for the reduction of dependance on Middle Eastern Oil; increasing the use of Ethanol, Corn, Coal, Solar and Wind would free up resources of oil and natural gas that are currently consumed.

In the South, Mid-Atlantic, and East vast resources of coal have been capped: the mines closed and the workers furloughed. In the Mid-West, farmers are being paid to not produce all of the corn they could.

There are no direct credits for implementing solar energy sources and may communities fight the creation of wind farms.

US Businesses are pursuing the sources of energy that cost them less than the alternatives we can produce now. Give tax credits for the use of corn, coal, solar and wind resources and the use of enviromentally friendly technologies that make that use clean.

As we approach Christmas, ask the families with an empty chair about the cost benefit analysis of employing all of our best means for reducing the dependance on Middle Eastern Monarchs.

God Bless those that have suffered loss;
God Guide those that make the decisions on our behalf;
God Guard those that enter harms' way.
God Speed those that return to their loved ones.
Good Hunting to those that pursue Justice.

AA has stated that the breakeven for oil price v. capacity is $38p/bbl. Let us hope that we used some of our cash to hedge at Wednesdays low.

Oil Settles at $42.00 p/bbl