Unions And Management "work Together"

Rusty said:
Steve, $9 /hr is the starting mechanic wages here at AA as a OSM.
Thats right Steve, you know all those shops that you used to have A&Ps working that were shipped to Tulsa? Thats what is known as the TWUs in house outsourcing. A&P jobs are permanently lost but the TWU still gets the dues so as far as the TWU is concerned its a good deal.

Bob Owens said:
Thats right Steve, you know all those shops that you used to have A&Ps working that were shipped to Tulsa? Thats what is known as the TWUs in house outsourcing. A&P jobs are permanently lost but the TWU still gets the dues so as far as the TWU is concerned its a good deal.
And all this time I thought it was a way to bring furloughed people back to work. Oh, was that voted on by the members?

So can we compare the creation of the SRP/OSM to the purchase of TWA by AA to save those IAM members for another TWU jobs protection program?

I am sure that those working as OSM's are happy that they are perfoming the same work as those in MCI for less money?

Buck said:
So can we compare the creation of the SRP/OSM to the purchase of TWA by AA to save those IAM members for another TWU jobs protection program?

I am sure that those working as OSM's are happy that they are perfoming the same work as those in MCI for less money?
Now I see why he called you Buckhead. You want to compare what? Go right ahead, mix those apples and oranges, you AMFAites all think along the same twisted lines.

When was the SRP/OSM policy enacted? When was the purchase of TWA? Are you stating you think the people at the other bases should have what we have at MCIE? I'd love to share Buck, now pass that protectionary clause and seniority up here will ya. You gotta to be kidding me man, you that dumb?

To the individual's who believe the paycut was the right thing to do, I would ask you to please tender your resignation immediately. It is spineless individuals such as yourself that are bringing down the profession. Jim Little's track record speaks for itself. He has no credibility. His subscription to passive unionsism has not only affected the employees he represents, but adversely impacts other unions at the bargaining table. Do you honestly think the crap Little pawned off to the masses at AA would fly in the ILWU (longshoreman's union)? Little's name will go down in the annals of history as nothing more than a quisling and enemy to the labor movement. Ken Mac, keep up the good work.

Nightwatch said:
Now I see why he called you Buckhead. You want to compare what? Go right ahead, mix those apples and oranges, you AMFAites all think along the same twisted lines.

When was the SRP/OSM policy enacted? When was the purchase of TWA? Are you stating you think the people at the other bases should have what we have at MCIE? I'd love to share Buck, now pass that protectionary clause and seniority up here will ya. You gotta to be kidding me man, you that dumb?
I know of only two people in TUL who took a position of "dovetailing" the former TWA mechanics into the TWU, I am one of them and you would be surprised at the other. It is the TWU that has limited your right to your seniority.

Do you believe that it is okay to have a two tier pay scale and to have those performing the same jobs in MCI compensated at a higher rate of pay?

You condone the actions of the TWU then you complain about them, maybe I am that dumb.

Buck said:
I know of only two people in TUL who took a position of "dovetailing" the former TWA mechanics into the TWU, I am one of them and you would be surprised at the other. It is the TWU that has limited your right to your seniority.

Do you believe that it is okay to have a two tier pay scale and to have those performing the same jobs in MCI compensated at a higher rate of pay?

You condone the actions of the TWU then you complain about them, maybe I am that dumb.
Do you understand why there are no OSM's in MCI? I think you do and you trust everyone else doesn't. Divide and conquer, AMFA's motto in all their raids.

And yes, you ARE that dumb. You took such a bold stance on our seniority, you and your buddy Dave. Grandstanding again for anyone who'd listen. Yes I have issues with the TWU, but I handle them internally through the proper channels. Will I ever get total satisfaction, NO, but I'll live with it. I won't condemn the TWU for repping their members. Unlike AMFA, the TWU takes a stance, takes the heat, and keeps on ticking. Makes ya mad huh?

I am sure that your statements please your brothers and sisters here at TUL in the OSM capacity. It is just another form of the "I got mine brother" syndrome of the TWU.

As for Grandstanding, actually we both made some of our supporters very angry.

You on the other condone the divide and conquer methods of the TWU within the mechanic craft and class.

You say you have issues with the TWU, fine, what are they?

Be man enough to list them we might have some of the same issues. However I believe you are just waiting on a retirement package so that you can leave as soon as possible without regard for the junior membership.

Nightwatch said:
And all this time I thought it was a way to bring furloughed people back to work. Oh, was that voted on by the members?
Ah yes Steve, its all the members fault for following the directive of their leaders right?

So instead of replacing leaders are you recommending that all the members be replaced?

Bob Owens said:
So instead of replacing leaders are you recommending that all the members be replaced?
Bob, I believe you may have missfired on that quote of Nightwatch. I believe it was "Man of the people" you intended to quote. He is the one demanding that the members be replaced with his above post...!

-------------------------------------
amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

Rusty said:
No I don't Steve, will you please elaborate on your findings???
There will be no OSM's at MCIE until we experience a 100% recall of our mechanics. And these are not findings, they are facts that have been presented multiple times, if you want to cause a stir in TULE do so, but we at MCIE would be quick to make us all one big happy family and share your seniority and work rules.

And Buck, I do lay blame to the membership, and to the "I got mine" attitude as you suggest. Assuming that replacing the leadership in anybody's union will change the voting habits of it's members is ridiculous. Members vote the way they decide will best fit their needs and the needs of their families. Jim Little or Delle will not change their stance or vote. The TWU has asked the membership at AA to turn down proposals before, they passed by what? 83%! Reason? The members held a different opinion/agenda on what they desired.

Don't call the "I got mine" syndrome a TWU item. The members form any syndrome you detect, and if you obtained the card signatures you state, then a lot of those same members are in the fold of the ones voting, they just don't admit to their fellow AMFAites.

Nightwatch said:
There will be no OSM's at MCIE until we experience a 100% recall of our mechanics. And these are not findings, they are facts that have been presented multiple times, if you want to cause a stir in TULE do so, but we at MCIE would be quick to make us all one big happy family and share your seniority and work rules.

And Buck, I do lay blame to the membership, and to the "I got mine" attitude as you suggest. Assuming that replacing the leadership in anybody's union will change the voting habits of it's members is ridiculous. Members vote the way they decide will best fit their needs and the needs of their families. Jim Little or Delle will not change their stance or vote. The TWU has asked the membership at AA to turn down proposals before, they passed by what? 83%! Reason? The members held a different opinion/agenda on what they desired.

Don't call the "I got mine" syndrome a TWU item. The members form any syndrome you detect, and if you obtained the card signatures you state, then a lot of those same members are in the fold of the ones voting, they just don't admit to their fellow AMFAites.
I am willing to grant you your seniority as long as those jobs at MCI are paid as the OSM jobs are in TUL. IT is the rest of the membership at TUL, the TWU membership that wanted you stapled to the bottom of the seniority list.

What makes anyone different from anyone else.

They are facts right out of the Kasher Decision.

And I blame the membership for listening to their leadership. Now what kind of unionism is that? Yes the members today vote for themselves because under the guise of unionism the TWU has only taught them one way, concessions to save jobs. The leadership and the company scare the members into concessions for the sake of dues flow for the TWU International and revenue for the company.

AMFA might not be the overnight answer to the mechanics problems, but the concessionary record of the TWU is differently not the course to take any longer. The TWU concessions do not only effect the those at AA, but have caused considerable damage to the industry itself. I am even willing to say that the TWU and its type of unionism, could be to blame for the fall of TWA. When the workers no longer stand together, labor as a whole suffers. The TWU has failed in its job to represent the workers at AA and now the mechanics want to leave.

As for the members voting against what the leadership brought back, you were not here, and it was the leadership that allowed for the fear placed by the company to escalate.

Why would the members hold a different opinion/agenda on what they desired?

The Representative they pay, should hold the same interests. Could it be that the membership did not trust the leadership?

<------------------------ Stewart Towels

By your verbage the members are "taught" by the leadership. That is so AMFA. In the TWU we vote on items the way we want, not the way Delle states to vote. If it is concessions and jobs we care about it is OUR caring...not something Delle told us to do..but good point Buck...now I see why you're not a leader, but a follower.