Union''s Fault

Buck, Please don''t try to lecture me on the duties of a Mechanic! I have 38 years of Aircraft experiance, and I''de say there is a good chance I was fixing Airplanes when you were still wetting your pants!!!!

----------------
On 3/27/2003 12:32:47 AM KC tirechanger wrote:

Buck, Please don''t try to lecture me on the duties of a Mechanic! I have 38 years of Aircraft experiance, and I''de say there is a good chance I was fixing Airplanes when you were still wetting your pants!!!!

----------------​
Does that really matter?

----------------
On 3/27/2003 12:32:47 AM KC tirechanger wrote:

----------------​
This is not a lecture on the duties of a mechanic. I am sure that you know your job. But you seem to have no regard for the contract. If that is the case, you need to hang around and attempt to amend it, or retire I could care less. You were lucky enough for American to acquire your airline and I respect your seniority. However when you post that you do not care about part of the contract, I guess I do not care whether you get laid off or lose your retirement. If I were going to advise you on something it would be to use a spell checker.

----------------
On 3/24/2003 1:39:17 PM Buck wrote:

----------------​

AMERICAN AIRLINES, INC.
633 Third Avenue
New York, New York 10017
May 11, 1971
Mr. James F. Horst
International Executive Vice President
Transport Workers Union of America, AFLCIO
1980 Broadway
New York, New York 10023
Re: Assignment of Inspectors at JFK
Dear Mr. Horst:
During the discussions leading to the signing of this Agreement, the Company assured
the Union that at the John F. Kennedy Line Maintenance Station, while designated to
perform field base checks, back checking required to be performed in the hangar will be
performed by Inspectors assigned at that location.
On the day and afternoon shifts where there is less than full time Inspector work,
including back checking to be performed, the Inspector may be required to perform
maintenance duties within the types of work for which he is qualified. However, he shall not
work on the same job assignment in the capacity of both Mechanic and Inspector.
It is not the intent of this letter to change the duties of Inspectors on FBC shifts. Should
the FBC shifts be changed, this letter may be amended accordingly.
Very truly yours,
C. A. Pasciuto
Vice President
Employee Relations
Agreed to this 11th day of May, 1971
James F. Horst

----------------

All this letter appears to say is that an inspector can perform mechanic tasks, but cannot be asked to RII or CC those tasks that he himself just performed as a mechanic.

----------------
On 3/26/2003 12:47:42 AM KC tirechanger wrote:

Buck, I did say they could do that! But if you check F.A.A.regs, you''ll fine that an Inspector can not be "forced", by A.A., or the TWU, to wear two hats! It''s either one, or the other! I don''t care what your letter says!!!!

----------------​

KC;
"Inspectors" at AA, under our agreement are mechanics, they are not IAs. They are not required to posess any thing more than an A&P from the FAA. They can not sign off on our work cards in the inspector column on things that he has worked on but if there is no work to do in the capacity of inspector he can be assigned to work as a mechanic. The alternative is to have a guy come to work, with nothing to do, that would be featherbedding and who benifits from that? Our contract has cross utilization all over the place.Its one of the reasons why we should not accept any concessions. The language is there for the company to use, its not our fault that they fail to maximize thier use of manpower.

Bob,and Buck, If you will please "READ" my original statement, I said "They can do that"!!! But they can not force you to wear two hats at the same time! Please don''t point out my bad spelling, when you can''t comprehend (read) simple English! I know my spelling is bad, but I seem to get my point accross!

----------------
On 3/28/2003 12:40:24 AM KC tirechanger wrote:

Bob,and Buck, If you will please "READ" my original statement, I said "They can do that"!!! But they can not force you to wear two hats at the same time! Please don''t point out my bad spelling, when you can''t comprehend (read) simple English! I know my spelling is bad, but I seem to get my point accross!

----------------​

Ok, who made fun of your spelling?

----------------
On 3/28/2003 5:53:03 PM Bob Owens wrote:

----------------

----------------​

----------------​
Bob, I did not make fun of his spelling, I advised him to use a spell checker as I do. I also check my grammer this way, at least 70% of the time.

----------------
On 3/28/2003 9:14:57 PM Buck wrote:

----------------
On 3/28/2003 5:53:03 PM Bob Owens wrote:

----------------

----------------​

----------------​
Bob, I did not make fun of his spelling, I advised him to use a spell checker as I do. I also check my grammer this way, at least 70% of the time.

----------------​

Main Entry: gram·mar
Pronunciation: ''gra-m&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English gramere, from Middle French gramaire, modification of Latin grammatica, from Greek grammatikE, from feminine of grammatikos of letters, from grammat-, gramma -- more at GRAM
Date: 14th century
1 a : the study of the classes of words, their inflections, and their functions and relations in the sentence b : a study of what is to be preferred and what avoided in inflection and syntax
2 a : the characteristic system of inflections and syntax of a language b : a system of rules that defines the grammatical structure of a language
3 a : a grammar textbook b : speech or writing evaluated according to its conformity to grammatical rules
4 : the principles or rules of an art, science, or technique
- gram·mar·i·an /gr&-''mer-E-&n, -''mar-/ noun