United Airlines temporarily grounds several 747 jets over maintenance

Who is in charge of testing the test equipment? Them

Also when they say repair station do they mean contract line maintenance or an overseas repair facility, as in outsourced heavy maintenance? Outsourced HMV

B) UT

sorry, I should have been more specific. Does the FAA have any kind of certification or oversight of foreign mntc? I feel like they should and if the FAA deems it too costly to send people overseas to inpect them then the practice should not be allowed. What I mean is that I get the impression that they might not be under as much scrutiny as their US counterparts. I have no clue if that is the case, but from what I have read it seems so.

Thought I would post this before the 'I told you so's' did:

The "I told you so's" won't take a press release like this and immediately jump to the conclusion that since this happened, there must be a conspiracy at United to intentionally ignore (through lack of oversight) required mx proceedures, and therefore every aircraft at United is unsafe. We're just waiting to see how quickly some (who jumped from initial press release about WN to conviction) will be to make the same mistake in this case.

Thought I would post this before the 'I told you so's' did:
The "I told you so's" won't take a press release like this and immediately jump to the conclusion that since this happened, there must be a conspiracy at United to intentionally ignore (through lack of oversight) required mx proceedures, and therefore every aircraft at United is unsafe. We're just waiting to see how quickly some (who jumped from initial press release about WN to conviction) will be to make the same mistake in this case.

I do take my job seriously and am abhorred at the ‘lackadaisical’ view of aircraft maintenance.
I am ‘no less’ concerned when it comes from my benefactor as it does from ’ANY’ other ‘airline/MRO/Chop Shop’.

Complacency will eventually kill some people. That is a recurring fact.

All employees at UAL need to be looking for other jobs. After more than 30 years with UAL, I got "0" out of the BK.