United Posts Jan. Loss; Challenges Ahead

But the good news is that cash barely declined...

United pegs January loss at $382 million

By Susan Chandler
Tribune staff reporter
Published March 5, 2003

United Airlines lost $382 million in January, but its remaining pile of cash barely declined thanks to drastically reduced employee wages.

The Elk Grove Township-based carrier ended January with $1.78 billion in cash, down less than 2 percent from $1.81 billion on Jan. 1. That's good news for the nation's second-largest airline, which filed for federal bankruptcy protection from creditors in December.

After the filing, United's pilots, flight attendants and salaried employees agreed to temporary wage cuts to help the carrier through the immediate crisis. A bankruptcy court judge later imposed similar cuts on United's mechanics....

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/5/2003 7:59:01 AM BillLumbergh wrote:

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/030304/airlines_united_8.html
----------------
[/blockquote]
Hey Bill,
As the moderator you often post articles of interest to UAL. Do I notice a trend, however, that you only deem to post articles which show UAL in a negative light? Just curious as to your bias/affiliation to the aviation world - what is it; what do you do for a living and for who???????? - me? I'm a UAL pilot. I apologize if I am incorrect (and yes, I know that most news about UAL is negative, but there are noticible exceptions which I've never seen you post. To wit, from virtually last place to first in on time performance as just one example. Editorial Bias?) thanks - gimbalimit

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/5/2003 8:55:16 PM gimbalimit wrote:

Hey Bill,
As the moderator...

Editorial Bias?
----------------
[/blockquote]
Definitely editorial bias, or personal bias. I've already had my go round with him. Free, objective speech is not the game on this board, or rather, with this so called moderator.

I've seen the same thing, but, I just ignore it, as I do ANYONE who does nothing but post links to wire reports. Be one thing if their was an opinion that went with the link.

Maybe he only posts negative things about UAL because that's all there is. Does anybody see anything positive about the whole situation?

Simple reason...not much positive news for UAL today or in the near future. Sorry, It may appear biased. However, it is only the unfortunate truth of the BK process.