United Pulls of Restructure of Some Debt

Don't know for certain but I believe a big part of that German bank restructure includes the Aircraft-backed debt, another big player is Boeing that already wrote down some of their investments.

With all this euphoria abound, does this mean I can concentrate on my professional problems..you know, tail dragged 747's...blown tire, damaged 747, overtemp 320 and FMC msgs on my 777...and not have a hand over my wallet. I don't have extra cash to dollar cost average my pilot buddies to cover take away's by the company. And how exactly are we supposed to fund this airline when you guys come wanting it all back. All I see is the same old bullsh*t down the road. Oh and by the way, the news DOES make me feel a little better.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/6/2002 2:21:51 AM mastermechanic wrote:

With all this euphoria abound, does this mean I can concentrate on my professional problems..you know, tail dragged 747's...blown tire, damaged 747, overtemp 320 and FMC msgs on my 777...and not have a hand over my wallet. I don't have "extra" cash to dollar cost average my pilot buddies to cover take away's by the company. And how exactly are we supposed to "fund" this airline when you guys come wanting it all back. All I see is the same old bullsh*t down the road. Oh and by the way, the news DOES make me feel a little better.
----------------
[/blockquote]mastermechanic,
My suggestion to you would be to buy some of Ual stock to compensate for what you will lose in concessions.
Do it now before the price gets too high.
As soon as BK is no longer a threat, mutual funds will step back up and buy lots of Ual. It is a no brainer here.
Tell all your co-workers to do the same thing. Why even think about sending Ual into BK when we have better options?
Good luck

Avek

I actually agree with the points you made and I think we will still end up in Ch.11 at some point. I don't think this one announcement means clear sailing for us by any means from this point on out.

What I think many of us were commenting on is Chip's transparent tactic of twisting every piece of news around to fit his agenda.

You on the other hand presented facts in an objective manner, which is different from what Mr. Munn does.

mastermechanic,

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwww, for a second there I thought you were even going to find a way to rain negativity down on the debt restructuring! LOL. Don't forget, we're ALL going to give to fix this company. Your union's T/A will be coming shortly.

While the news of restructuring this significant amount of debt is encouraging, it is just one obstacle cleared from a road with many. But progress is progress. Period. I'm confident Glenn Tilton is the right guy to be running the show. I'm also confident that all employee groups are finally working to contribute the necessary things to stimulate and fund our recovery. There are still lots of UA naysayers out there. That's fine. It's always more satisfying to do what many say can't be done. There will come a time in the not too distant future when this company has turned the corner and begins its ascent to the top once again. Only this time, it'll be at the expense of the other majors who will be playing catchup with a restructured UA. Is bankruptcy still possible for UA? Absolutely. But I become more encouraged with each passing day that we will manage to avoid it.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/6/2002 12:29:34 AM eolesen wrote:

That should probably read "Airbus debt"...
----------------
[/blockquote]

Maybe that A320 order wssn't so dumb after all.....

Haven't you guys heard? Antonov will be building a special version of the AN-225 just for us, 1000 passengers. Bus, that will be our new shuttle type. Everyone will get 99 cent fares.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/6/2002 7:18:19 PM sumsonic wrote:

Everyone will get 99 cent fares.
----------------
[/blockquote]

...and a parachute

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/6/2002 7:18:19 PM sumsonic wrote:

. Everyone will get 99 cent fares.
----------------