nostradamus

Veteran
Dec 7, 2004
PlaneBuzz

Main
January 26, 2008
Heads Up for United Retired Pilots; Please Add Your Name to the Headcount

Shoutout
Are you a retired United Airlines' pilot?

If so, a retired pilot group in Chicago is attempting to estimate precisely just how many United pilots who lost their defined-benefit pension plan and ESOP shares are alive and kicking. (Probably screaming as well, but that is another issue.)

We were asked if we could help this effort by publicizing their call for information.

To add your name to the official headcount, or if you have any questions about this effort, please contact Dave Wickersham at MacWicker "at" aol.com.

Thanks for the information.

I will let my father know. He worked as a United pilot for many, many years. He lost his almost everything. Almost forty years of loyal service washed down the drain. Thanks United.

Growing up I loved traveling as a Stand Bye on United. From the days we were required to wear suits to flying Connoissuer Class to Asia or visiting my Dad in London while he flew the 727 to destinations around Europe in the 90s.

I will always appreciate the fact that United introduced the world to me at a young age, but today I have a sour taste for the management and the careers they help to destroy.

In a romantic way I still do love the airline and will continue to support its hard-working employees on the front lines.

Though I never worked for you, United has influenced my life in countless ways.

Thanks again to all the employees of United who have made the airline thrive for many years.

Thanks for the information.

I will let my father know. He worked as a United pilot for many, many years. He lost his almost everything. Almost forty years of loyal service washed down the drain. Thanks United.

Growing up I loved traveling as a Stand Bye on United. From the days we were required to wear suits to flying Connoissuer Class to Asia or visiting my Dad in London while he flew the 727 to destinations around Europe in the 90s.

I will always appreciate the fact that United introduced the world to me at a young age, but today I have a sour taste for the management and the careers they help to destroy.

In a romantic way I still do love the airline and will continue to support its hard-working employees on the front lines.

Though I never worked for you, United has influenced my life in countless ways.

Thanks again to all the employees of United who have made the airline thrive for many years.

You sound like a great kid and it sounds like he did not allow his work to take him away from the most important job he had, raising you.

Latest posts

Back