Upcoming Wtae - Pittsburgh News Story

RWerksman

Advanced
Apr 6, 2004
Myself being a somewhat self-aware person that happens to live in the greater Pittsburgh area, I find myself quite often watching the crap that gets paraded for local new around here. While watching this crap, this is what I see tonight -- regarding USAir:

- A news story about how the airport authority is now converting a employee parking lot into passenger parking due to higher originating traffic. (no facts or figures... just the parking lot)

and then, literally 30 seconds later:

A teaser about an upcoming news story about ticket prices at PIT. During the teaser these things were heard and seen:
- "1700 different prices for a ticket on one flight"
- "PIT traffic is almost twice as expensive as other airports" (or something to that effect...)
- A survey of passengers on a USAirways flight with "shocking results"
- Interviews with some people saying they were confused... and how they dont like it.
- and the obligatory USAir plane rolling along.... circa 1993

With all that is going on in PHL, a news story during sweeps that looks to be quite grim on the dominate airline in town is not exactly high on CCY's wish list. I'm sure that part of the story (which they have been advertising for the last few days) is going to be advocating driving the Cleveland or Akron to get lower fares.

With the overwhelming response from Philadelphians, and the past track record in Baltimore, and now this new feature critical of U, how long is it going to be before Southwest comes to Pittsburgh?

OHHH, they'll likely come. But they'll likely only fly between Pit and Pit's top 10 O&D markets. And those 10 markets better be included in Southwest's existing 59 markets they current serve.

Hey RWerksman:

Click onto the Southwest Route Map link I provided below. On their map click on the bottem left "Show only non-stop service". Then move your curser ontop of Cleveland and see how many markets Southwest flies originating from Cleveland.

Thats the kind of service you can expect from Southwest if they come to Pit.

http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/rou...n.html?src=home

Latest posts

Back