UPS Contract...

mastermechanic

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
UPS, Airline Mechanics Ink Labor Deal
9/10/2002 - News Paper
MIAMI (Reuters) - United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS), the world''s No. 1 package carrier, said on Tuesday it had reached a tentative contract with unionized mechanics and other U.S. workers at its in-house airline.
The five-year deal would take the top hourly wage for a UPS aircraft mechanic to $43 from $30.67 but still must be approved by 1,140 members of Teamsters Local 2727, according to a company spokesman.
The same workers last spring rejected an earlier deal despite endorsements from union leaders and forced a second round of bargaining guided by a federal mediator. That failed, four-year deal called for a top mechanic''s wage of $40 by 2005.
The company IS gonna love you monkeys....cheapest techs, no bennies..aw ya..but it''s for YOUR good ya know...not theirs..LOL

I'm being a little brutal here...sorry...but you know it's kind of true. I guess it all comes down to what one is willing to put up with and where on the pay scale you sit. I've just re-read the mechanics deal...I'm sorry for you guys, I really am....heck, I'm next brother so we'll all be there...one happy bunch of wrenches...