US-AA Merger Articles (Merged Topics)

I don't think that's accurate.

If AA emerges with six year contracts in place, and then purchases or merges with US, then won't the workgroups have to re-negotiate combined contracts, like they've been doing at UA-CO? If not for the USAPA fiasco, wouldn't the US East and West pilots have negotiated a new contract after the merger of US and HP? When DL and NW merged, DL negotiated a new joint contract with the pilots at the very beginning. Your post makes it sound like all US employees would simply be forced to work under AA's contracts if AA buys US after bankruptcy, and that's not correct.

Wings396 might be thinking about the passenger service agents at US having to fall under the non-union upper management say. When all is said and done after everything has been discussed and considered the USAirways passenger service agents might be outsourced or working for express pay benefits and work rules like at a lot of small and medium stations at AA

Unless this continuing public (and unprofessional) bashing is really a combined Horton-Parker strategy, Horton may be shooting himself and the AMR creditors in the foot. Parker has an intense ego and it wouldn't surprise me if he is nearing a point of just walking away and letting AMR either succeed or fail into Chapter 7. If he does walk, away, it would surely test the resolve of the AMR creditors and unions to either fully back Horton or apply do or die pressure on him to merge. Even though some evaluate Parker's methods as "desperation", he at least has approached this potential merger with professionalism - unlike Horton, who one could evaluate as the one who is actually desperate - desperate to keep his job until he can rape the bankruptcy process with a huge exit payday. All of course, IMO.

AA had an outstanding quarter. I think they are having no plans for a liquidation.

Please send Douggie a message and tell him to hurry up and walk away already! Let him know that he needs to get his own house in order and negotiate new contracts with HIS labor groups.

And are your refering to the pillage and rape that occurs in BK that US Airways execs got when they emerged from BK...sort of like steal from the poor to pay the rich????

That's what normally happens (it's a way to try and get contract improvements outside the normal section 6 negotiations) ) but I don't think it's required as long as one side in each group agrees to go on the other side's contract. IIRC, that's what happened with the pilots in the US/PI merger - the PI pilots agreed to be covered by the US pilots' contract. It sounds like the APA is negotiating with Parker for a contract to cover all the pilots if there's a merger - presumably one better than either east or west have overall.

Jim
Does the company have to give the OK?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/30/amr-usair-merger-idUSL2E8IHE2120120730?feedType=RSS&feedName=marketsNews&rpc=43

I think the last sentence sums up the whole thing.

lol ...I was reading the article thinking what's so great about the last sentence and then I read the outcome would "be ruled by greed"

completely agree with that summation. I don't even know why wt, signals and pitbull even bother with their armchair pontifications, it really is irrelevant when the greatest concern is who can get the most money.

That's a good one...
Waiting for WT's rebuttal, that will most likely be longer than the article itself........

Parker acting professional????? uh, Come again???? It is highly unethical, unprofessional, scrupulous, disingenuous, arrogant to the tenth power, disengaging, for a CEO to LEAP-FROG over a bankrupt Corporation executives, who are funding their own bankruptcy, who are trying to restructure their company, work with their employees for a solution, and has EXCLUSIVITY by the court to do so..to now be undermined, unraveled by a company who is trying to force the issue of a merger!

Who'se pursuing who? and who needs who????? Who appears to be so damn desparate? Who is ignoring their own labor groups who have been trying for 7 years to have new contracts and joint agreements with their counterparts to finally merge an airline that has been in the making for those 7 years!!!!!!!????

Can someone please explain this urgency US Airways has that they cannot wait to discuss merger possibilities and to kindly step back and wait until AA emerges from BK????? What is Parker afraid of, that Horton will just overlook all the wonderful synergies that Parker only can see and is touting about all over the country???? Such a great deal???? Are these values so obscured and elusive to the rest of the industry that AA needs to be captured and lassoed in now by US Airways, their uhhhh, "savior".

Can someone explain Parker's behavior?

It is called Shrewd buisness..... Mos tpeople who understand this type of buisness ....get it! This is not 1989 anymore...

http://aviationblog....-airlines.html/

Unsubstantiated rumor time: Is JetBlue Airways the No. 1 target of American Airlines?

“It is the desire of AAL to purchase JetBlue. This would be completed through a complex deal including debt, private equity and preferential shares. He explained that we are far along the road to negotiating this deal and the critical part is HAVING Contracts in place with LABOR. He further acknowledged that the same people that would be loaning us the money for Americans desired POR [plan of reorganization] were consolidating Americans debt. By doing this, they are buying debt at a discounted rate, gaining power on the UCC [unsecured creditors committee] and have little exposure for they know the financing is viable to emerge from BK [bankruptcy].”

Hmmm..
14dgd2p.jpg

Has there been any speculation or discussion concerning the future of American Eagle as it pertains to a potential merger?

Back