Us Airline Third Quarter Looking Better And Better

Pitbull -
That's a nice thought. I would hope it would be the case because you and the others who do such great work at U deserve some good news, but I'm convinced that there will be no profit announced for the quarter. As Siegel pointed out - hurricane, blackout and business travelers' reluctance to fly on high-fare short-hop tickets mean it will take U a bit longer than CO, NWA and DAL to return to profitability. Realistically, the best to hope for at U would be a narrower loss than in previous quarters.

Titan,

My post referred to a projected profit the third quarter of 2004; not 2003 as I was commenting to USflyer who was inquirying.

But, thanks for words of encouragment. Even if we report a narrower loss than expected for this quarter, that would be great news in my book.

USFlyer said:
CO and NW both turned a profit. Does anyone remember, from the business plan submitted to the ATSB, when US was projecting a profit? I know 2003 was out, and I seem to recall 2004 was projected to be break even.
with anything to qoute I would say your right, 2004 was listed as break even. But being as they have lies to simpily every one it does seem the sky's the limit on this one.

P.S. may they burn where the dark one dwell's!!!!!!!!

Bob,

The problem is, dave has broken faith with the rank and file.

dave said the two rounds of concessions were the tools he needed to restore U to profitability.

It is now clear to all dave intends to exceed the boundaries of those agreements by a wide margin.

As he could not be trusted to keep his word on those issues, why should we believe anything he says now?

Moreover, it is clear by the contempt in which U holds it's employees, and how management is positioning the company, there is no long-term plan to operate the company.

Hoping for the best; prepared for the worst; hope it's over, one way or the other, soon!

diogenes said:
Bob,

The problem is, dave has broken faith with the rank and file.

dave said the two rounds of concessions were the tools he needed to restore U to profitability.

It is now clear to all dave intends to exceed the boundaries of those agreements by a wide margin.

As he could not be trusted to keep his word on those issues, why should we believe anything he says now?

Moreover, it is clear by the contempt in which U holds it's employees, and how management is positioning the company, there is no long-term plan to operate the company.

Hoping for the best; prepared for the worst; hope it's over, one way or the other, soon!
In deference to brevity only, I don't often post "what he said" ( or she, as the case applies ) kinds of posts, but I felt you've condensed the whole crux of the issue here. So true and needs no embellishment: It says EXACTLY what we are up against in the fewest possible words.

My favorite point though:
"Moreover, it is clear by the contempt in which U holds it's employees, and how management is positioning the company, there is no long-term plan to operate the company."

It's so obvious.

with all of the pax flying and the planes loadesup pretty high, how can the crooks of ccy say we arent making money? it doesnt seem to make sense as far as i'm concerned.