US Airways Express returns MGW/CKB/PKB

i can say that the jacka$$ airport director has some of the highest landing fees, which COLGAN AIR said was trhte big decsiion to cut the pit service out o fABE. They are also going to be pulling the IAD service from ua at ABE that is a fact from numerous flt crews. Also a side note the airport director is "worried" that NWA, which until a yr or two ago, flew the dc-9, now flies all crjs may be pulling out of ABE all together. The colgan air crews that arebased here at abe are po'ed at the move they are doing. We usually put roughly between 17 and 25 on the SAAB and it made money from what i was told.
And if they pull the iad service that will be a huge loss becasue they are always full. I remember the DCA PIT PHL and CLT service did extremly well but bos was a hit or miss and I dont believe CO Express B-1900 did good at all. I doubt DELTA will last long on the BOS route. I believe the monthly figures for US at ABE is around 6 or 7 thousand passengers.

Interesting, on the heels of my starting this thread the Boyd Group posts on their Monday "Hot Flash" an interview they gave to the Government Accountability OFfice address rural airline service.

http://www.aviationplanning.com/asrc1.htm

After you get past Michael Boyd tooting his own horn, the article is direct to the point. A growing number of rural markets just simply can no longer support scheduled airline service. Aftern reading the article, it makes you wonder why in the world US Airways Express (Colgan) would want to reenter the MGW/CKB, and PKB markets.

May 1st, Colgan Air will resume US Airways Express service at Morgantown/Clarksburg/Parkersburg WV into PIT flying Sassb 340s.

http://www.colganair.com/WVCities.htm

How quickly things change.

Effective January 21, 2008, air service at the Morgantown Municipal Airport (MGW) will fly to and from Washington-Dulles International Airport (IAD) instead of Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT). This change is due to the recent flight reductions made by US Airways at Pittsburgh International . Colgan Air, Inc., which is MGW's air-service provider, has been operating the flights to PIT as "US Airways Express" and will inaugurate the new service flying as United Express to IAD. The change to the new destination is being thoroughly coordinated and will result in a seamless and transparent transition for the passengers departing from and arriving at Morgantown Municipal Airport. The Morgantown Airport is enthusiastically endorsing the change due to the increased options for business, government, educational, and leisure travelers to IAD which provides more than 125 national destinations and over 30 international flights. Additionally, the nation’s capitol offers multiple possibilities and options for educational and historical vacations and tours. The flight schedule is as follows: Monday through Friday – 3 departures and 4 arrivals daily (times TBA) and Saturday and Sunday – 2 departures and 3 arrivals daily (times TBA). Information pertaining to fares is not available at this time. The departure/arrival times will be posted to this website when confirmed by Colgan Air, Inc.

http://www.morgantownairport.com/whatsnew.htm

Back