Us Airways Gets More Time To Reorganize

In the article hyperlinked above, "We're making good progress. Three months ago, people were ready to write our demise," Chris Chiames, US Airways senior vice president of corporate affairs, said outside the court. "We're talking to other interested parties," Chiames said, adding that high fuel prices meant the airline had to assure potential investors that there was a "sturdy business plan."

As I have said before, US Airways has closed the "fuel price Delta gap" in the last 6-weeks by about 75%. This is due to a combination fare increases, capacity reduction, and other cost cuts. I was surpirsed by the amount of progress and the company is not that far away from having a buisness plan the provides nearer-term break even than I thought.

Due to energy prices, there is clearly more work to be done, but either increased revenue, cost cuts, or a reduction of jet fuel prices of about 10 to 15% from current prices should be enough to submit the disclosure stattement and POR.

With the Republic agreement now approved by the court, expect the "fee for service" contracts to be resolved and the next equity piece to be annonced in the not-so-distant future.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

coachrowsey said:
Agree, enough is enough.
[post="259707"][/post]​

Well, coach, the tension on the cord is increasing. At some point the plug will pop out of the socket unless something happens to relieve the tension.

Jim

It's becoming increasingly tougher to prove that US Airways is not in a peristent vegetative state - if recent events are any guide, the feeding tube might stay in for 15 years...

Funny, but the moment I read the original post on 'pulling the plug' I thought it was inevitable that that phrase would be replaced with 'yanking the tube' in the popular vocabulary after an appropriate period of sensitive discretion...... I calculate that time period by the bulliten board clock to be

four hours and eight minutes.