US Airways hopefully gets some luck of the Irish

ITRADE

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
DCA/IAD US2
www.geocities.com
Just released -[BR][BR]DOT has approved US Airways application for service to DUB and SNN. [BR][BR]Several Philadelphia Irish organizations filed letters of support for US's application. Important as I believe PHL is the #3 largest Irish population base in the U.S.[BR][BR]So, US can start service whenever it is ready.[BR][BR]Now only if US could get its hands on some Italy frequencies to fly to Milan.

Just as long as you stay out of my Envoy seats you'll be fine.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/20/2002 5:09:21 PM PineyBob wrote:
[P]This is GREAT News. I have enough mile to take the fiance and me envoy class, now if we can just get the time off.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]I too agree that this very cool news. Unfortunately for me, it is coming 3.5 months before child #1 is born - so I won't be doing much leisure travel next year.[BR][BR]BTW, assuming that US's reorganization plan goes off and US emerges from Chap. 11, the airline really needs to think about getting its hands on some more heavy metal. The current summer schedule takes up many of US's large craft. I would think that US needs to consider converting 3 or 4 757s over to ETOPs aircraft, trading the A-330s for Asiana's 767s, or simply leasing a couple more 767s that are currently snowbirding in Mojave, Tucson, or Roswell.[BR][BR]We have MAD, CDG, AMS, FCO, FRA, MUC, MHT and 2x LGW for PHL.[BR]PIT will probably have CDG, LGW and FRA.[BR]CLT will probably have LGW and FRA.[BR][BR]The addition of SNN and DUB runs the count to 16 daily transatlantic flights each way.