Us Airways Pilot Split Worsens

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways pilot split worsens

Two remaining bargaining team members effectively quit, say they won't take blame for looming 'professional train wreck'

PITTSBURGH (Post-Gazette) - Fight for control within the US Airways pilots union is getting nastier.

See Story

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

I went to work on Saturday and the PIT crew lounge bulletin board was plastered with newspaper clippings of Siegel's $11 million package. Came back from the trip and ALL the articles were torn down. This stuff never used to happen. This management is reverting to tactics out of a George Orwell novel. These guys are evil and myopic. We don't stand a chance with this management team.

FlyingHippie said:
I went to work on Saturday and the PIT crew lounge bulletin board was plastered with newspaper clippings of Siegel's $11 million package. Came back from the trip and ALL the articles were torn down. This stuff never used to happen. This management is reverting to tactics out of a George Orwell novel. These guys are evil and myopic. We don't stand a chance with this management team.
sounds like someone may be concerned that the "going forward plan" is indeed in reverse.... :lol:

FlyingHippie said:
Hippie,

Don't be so quick to assume that those articles came down due to managements handywork on all fronts.

I'm sure that you are aware that we have small numbers of people within the laboring ranks that assume that playing along and accepting all thier bunk will some how save their sorry butts from the meat grinder that U is being transformed into. Sadly to say , they are in fact kidding themselves to the highest degree.

Within the pilot group alone , you have hundreds that are out to save themselves due to senority and age issues , that would rather just make it to retirement with something Vs. standing up for the rest of their peers and the long term good of the entire industry as a whole. This is not to say that alike minds don't come from the other laboring groups as well , it just seems that ALPA has more of them , based on the shear fact that it's hard to make a six figure sum outside of their career path of choice without other areas of trained interest welcoming them.

I'm not saying it's going to be easy for anyone to make a seamless transition salary-wise to another line of work , should U fail as a going concern? , but it's clearly easier to replace a 40K annual salary than it is one that readily eclipes the 100K arena without even killing yourself on a daily basis. Need proof?...USA320Pilots daily fear mongering and pleas for employee capitulation should serve notice to one and all.

fatburger said:
The Majority has spoken. Good riddance to the last two members.

-fatburger-
Some majority...5 to 7. The last time we started down this road of rollcall votes, it nearly destroyed us. We'll see in May what the majority REALLY has to say up or down regarding LOA91. That will be the TRUE indicator of the will of the mainline pilots.

A320 Driver B)

There is no pilot split from where I come from.

The line pilots are glad there was a change in the
negotiating committee.

The present members on the negotiating committee have integrity,
prior negotiating experience, and prior ALPA experience.

I say on with the new team. Ironically, one old negotiating comm member (guess who) liked to quote Tom Cruise in the movie a A Few Good Men. "You can't handle the truth." The truth hurts especially when you actually have to go out there and fly for a living rather than lawyer everyone.

Bear in mind that the company, GECAS, ALPA International are all running about screaming "the sky is falling!"

Is it? It's still a negotiation, folks.

Ask yourself: if you were a pilot low on the U list, or one interested in doing anything for the profession as a whole, or god forbid in a j4j position at PSA or MDA, what would you think of the LOA?

Moreover, what do the U pilots really get in "return?" The ability (maybe) for an easier commute and the ability (maybe) to jump security at the domicile airports. Not a whole lot more than that, and it sells the future of the pilot group at U down the drain in return (or to Mesa, which is fundamentally the same thing).