US Airways raises fares by $5.00

I think this is the first time I can remember that US has initiated a blanket fare increase.

Jim

I think this is the first time I can remember that US has initiated a blanket fare increase.

Jim

Jim:

This is exactly the kind of action that is needed right now, and it's good that US is FINALLY leading.
The Thanksgiving rush this year was much more pleasant for all involved, including customers AND
employees, and may have been a direct result of rising fares. It's so much better to have load factors in the upper 70's to mid 80's, versus mid 80's to low 90's. It makes it easier to absorb the bumps in the road that often occur with holiday travel. And, with the recent fare increases, the same or higher amount of revenue is being collected despite the lower load factor.

Hmmmm..... This sounds familiar. Having a lower load factor along with a higher average yield. Hasn't a certain Dallas based airline done this for many years with great success? Maybe the boys in the Sand Castle have discovered the secret...... Time will tell.

The Thanksgiving rush this year was much more pleasant for all involved, including customers AND employees, and may have been a direct result of rising fares.
I highly doubt that a fare increase on Tuesday night or Wednesday had any impact on Wednesday or Thursday loads. Most tickets, especially for holiday travel, are purchased further ahead than that.

IMHO, it's more related to oil prices and the quarter shaping up a not nearly like they'd like.

Jim

Latest posts