Us Airways Said To Be Pursuing Big Asset Sales

It's over. Bronner is clearly pulling the plug. Now we know why ALPA stormed out of the last BOD meeting. My guess is the BOD discussed and approved this move at that meeting.

By the way, what happens in a fragmentation? Do all of the contracts go back to pre-concessions? If so, this will get very interesting real quick.

What's going to happen to US Airways Express??? All of those new planes that are coming? This is crazy!!!

Watch Mesa pick up the EMB-170 and CRJ-200 delivery positions and PSA. NW will make a play for PHL. Folks, really, I don't see how US can shrink anymore and still survive. Granted, my hunch is this "leak" was timed at just the right moment. Regardless, clearly Bronner is looking to recoup his investment sooner rather than later.

(Oh, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised too if Mesa was talking to jetBlue about operating the EMB-170 for them. Or, UA just found its ACA replacement at IAD should Mesa dump US or vice versa.)

jetBlue will not outsource their RJ flying, as a certain executive flat out said they believe it was a mistake that other carriers have made.

Jon153 said:
What's going to happen to US Airways Express??? All of those new planes that are coming? This is crazy!!!
Personally I think Express is what can save US, it is hard to believe that this is available for the taking. Unless they are really in a deep hole now, which I can believe as June isn't going to come any sooner and covenants will need to be met.

Piedmont4US said:
You know its bad when the shuttle AND a Hub is on the market.
if you take time to reflect on the contractual obligations....i think your theories are full of boosheet.
there are 279 ac provisions that will be honored unles he wishes for the atty''s to prosper.
there is the bus issue and its ramifications....
how many issues does it take for you people to realize that the end result of all this is a substatial DECREASE in your livelihood? :blink:

delldude said:
if you take time to reflect on the contractual obligations....i think your theories are full of boosheet.
there are 279 ac provisions that will be honored unles he wishes for the atty''s to prosper.
there is the bus issue and its ramifications....
how many issues does it take for you people to realize that the end result of all this is a substatial DECREASE in your livelihood? :blink:
and I quote:

The move comes as US Airways has failed to obtain the support of its unions for revisions in its business plan, which would supplant the restructuring plan it completed last April.

nuff said.

Hey Everyone:

Former PSA/USAir employee here (remember CCR?). 'Been following these message boards for some time and thought I'd add my two cents. I believe this to be nothing more than typical posturing on management's part in order to get ALPA, AFA, and IAM back to the table. I am rooting for USAirways' survival and hope you guys can come to a mutually beneficial and workable plan that assures your long-term success. Best of luck to everyone.

Best,

JAMAKE

P.S. I'm from the old school of air travel: Bring back the glassware and audio!!!

I don't doubt its a last ditch, but at the same time why not see if there are buyers out there? I would not doubt that jetBlue would love to get a hold of the Shuttle as much as AA once did, plus get a presence at LGA.

The big asset sales is nothing new in the biz, lets see whos done this before:

Pan Am, Eastern, TWA to name a few... where are they now? hmm..

The clock is ticking and the unions should get on the ball IMHO.

Jon153 said:
This can't be good news AT ALL!!! http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/08/business/08air.html
sorry guys i thinks it's almost over :( good luck folks
Duh,

What does everyone expect. This is a business, and with the chain of events, the road labor has been going down, what would you do if you were running the company?

It doesn't matter who is to blame, finger pointing is a waste of time. Beside, all parties own a piece of this....

Ya, we really showed them didn't we...if this wasn't so sad, it would funny.

Funny how the timing of this is after dave throws his temper tantrum and don't let facts get in the way, the ATSB loan gaurantee has the LGA and DCA slots as collateral, can't sell something that is pledged as collateral.